23 - Labor of Love

Start from the beginning

"Seriously?" Emma said as she slowly backed away from the dog

Elsewhere, Mary Margaret was walking through the cemetery, peering at the graves as David followed behind her.

"Mary Margaret. What are... What are you doing? We've got a lot of ground to cover," David said.

Mary Margaret stopped in front of a grave, "David, these graves," She sighed, "They're all from my father's kingdom. They were my subjects. I was supposed to protect them. And now how am I supposed to protect our youngest daughter and save our eldest from the Underworld?" Mary Margaret said.

"I'm going to tell you something Hook continues to tell Alana, you're not doing this alone. Mary Margaret, we will find a way to protect both Alana and Emma. We always go. Now, come on. Alana's searching for Emma in the woods just south of here. She's good... But nobody's better at tracking than Bandit Snow. Let's go help her," David said.

They both started to walk when Mary Margaret stopped, noticing something.

"What is it?" David followed her to where she was now heading and Mary Margaret knelt in front of a grave and reached out to touch it, "Mary Margaret? What's wrong?" David asked.

"Herc..." Mary Margaret said.

David walked forward and saw Hercules and he was surprised, "You... Knew Hercules?" David said.

"We were friends when we were kids," Mary Margaret said with tears in her eyes.

"Define 'friends'," David said.

Mary Margaret chuckled, "Do I detect a hint of jealously?" She said

"Oh, it's not every day your wife tells you that she was friends with a god," David said.

"A demi-god... Who also happens to be dead," Mary Margaret said.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I was just giving you a hard time," David said.

"No, I know. I know. David... If he's down here, he has unfinished business. We have to help him find a way to move on," Mary Margaret said.

"At the expense of searching for Emma?" David asked.