Chapter 5

Strong arms yanked her out of the cab. She was lifted around the waist and a head buried itself in the crook of her neck near her shoulder blade.

"Greya Greya Greya Greya," Quin mumbled into her neck. Chanting her name like a prayer.

The name sounded foreign yet, so familiar on his lips . He whispered it with such... reverence.

She was deathly still with his arms banded around her, hard as steel.

He was breathing deeply, nuzzling her neck lightly. Her pulse was pounding in her throat as she felt the cold ring pierced into his nose glide against her skin.

She tried and failed to refrain from shuddering.

The small hands that had found their way up Quin's broad shoulders clenched.

She could feel his lips curve against her neck. The arrogant bastard. He knew what he made her feel.

He pressed a kiss to where his nose had been and her heart pounded faster.

He drew back a little. He looked down at her and she almost yelped. His normally bright blue eyes were a stark grey. Pupils dilated, more than could've possibly been normal, he pinned his gaze on her.

Unable to hold his domineering stare for long, she looked anywhere else, but kept her chin raised, not wanting to submit.

She looked around them instead. They were standing in an alley.
Impossible.

Her brow creased. She would've felt him move her across a whole street.
Was she that clouded by him? So absorbed in his presence that she didn't notice him move her ten meters? Ten meters in a loud, traffic swamped road?

Unlikely.

She returned her focus to him when she felt the muscles of the shoulders under her palms ripple with movement.

Leaning forward, he brushed his lips over the shell of her ear.

"You're never doing that again sweetheart," he breathed, squeezing her waist in emphasis.

"I can, and I will, do whatever I please Quin," she glared up at him, masking her relief of being near him again, having him hold her again, with hostility.

Nonetheless, they both knew she meant every word. She would not be held down. Not willingly.

"Don't you dare," he growled. Attempting to intimidate her. Quin's eyes darkened and narrowed at her.

Greya gave him a blank, unimpressed look, quirking a brow. Asking if he really thought threats would hold to her.

"Tell me who you're working for Quin, who wants me, and why. Maybe I'll consider going with you."

"That's none of your business sweetheart."

"It is every bit my business you neanderthal," her gaze iced. The flints of gold in the green of her eyes glowing with warning.
"You're going to tell me, or so help me God, you can forget the notion of me so much as getting a fucking coffee with you."

His eyes flashed something she couldn't comprehend. Did she make him mad? Good.

"Fine. I'll tell you. But you need to swear you won't leave my side after I do."

"That's not how that works Quin," rolling her eyes at him because she couldn't cross her arms in the tiny gap between her chest and his lower abdomen.

Quin sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose and closing his eyes. He opened them up again and looked down to her. His eyes returning to their normal colour.