𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

Phoenix flinched slightly at the sound of the trains on the railroad that was above them

     Phoenix flinched slightly at the sound of the trains on the railroad that was above them. Her feet ached as she jumped onto the ground from the latter, looking around at this foreign area of the Capitol. Phoenix had once believed she saw all the Capitol had to offer, the good, the bad, and the even worst. Yet as she looks around the miles of tunnels that existed under the Capitol, she realized she had only just scratched the surface.

" My brother knows these tunnels really well. He worked sanitation down here. " Castor informed, being the last one to climb down the latter that led them here. " Right after they made him an avox. " Phoenix looked at Pollux and she could tell that being down here was already beginning to affect him. She could only imagine what he was feeling, being back here after all these years. Especially after what the Capitol had done to him.

Caster went ahead of them, comforting his brother as past truma hit him like the trains that were just above them. " Took us five years to buy his way out of here. He didn't see the sun once. " Although Caster was looking at Katniss as he spoke, the rest of the squad still heard him retelling his brother's experience. His words made Phoenix feel sick, wondering to herself how he did it for so long?

Pollux ultimately was the one who led the group through the tunnels, being the only one who knew how they operated. Silence occupied the tunnels, with the unit not wanting to draw any attention to themselves, while still looking out for anything that could give them away. Since each person was on high alert, this meant they all heard the sound of something coming right towards them. Phoenix's eyes widened as she ran behind Finnick but in front of Canary.

Phoenix's back was against the cold wall as she hid from the train that was passing. The woman closed her eyes, just hoping that they hadn't been seen. The loud sound continued as each cart passed them one by one until it was finished. The squad waited for another beat, wanting to make sure they were truly in the clear before venturing out again.

Opening her eyes, Phoenix listened to the heavy breathing, mixed with the sound of the Holo beeping. " We're too exposed here. " Katniss pointed out, believing it wouldn't be long before they were all seen alive. However, it was too late to do anything at this moment, since they knew it would only be worst if they were back on the streets. With this being the only way, they each followed behind Pollux again as he tried to guide them to a less exposed place.

Running side by side the Flack sisters looked at each other for a quick second before running into the door Pollux led them in. Phoenix once again found herself climbing down another latter, and as she stepped on the last step, she felt a skinny hand on her back, leading her to the ground below. Phoenix looked to see Maeve, sending her a tired smile. Phoenix hadn't talked to her mentor since she decided to take watch over Peeta with Katniss.

" You okay? " Maeve asks, as the two follow the rest of the group. Phoenix thought for a moment, knowing she was as okay as she could be in a situation like this. The same feeling she expected everyone else to be feeling about now. And Maeve knew this, simply asking Phoenix so she could hear her voice. " Yeah, I think so. It's just a lot. " Maeve nodded, feeling the same thing Phoenix was feeling.