𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Phoenix felt her whole body ache as she began waking up from her sedated sleep

     Phoenix felt her whole body ache as she began waking up from her sedated sleep. Even though she was now awake, Phoenix felt as though her eyes were too heavy to open. This meaning she simply laid there in the bed, both unmotivated and unwilling to move. Combined with the feeling the restraints tight on her wrist, Phoenix felt as though she had no fight left to give.

As Phoenix lied there she listened to the white noise that filled her room. Believing that maybe if she closed her eyes hard enough, when she opened her eyes she'd be back inside the arms of Finnick Odair. Long before the Quarter Quell, a time where it was just the two of them on the beaches of District 4. A time where they had nothing to worry about. 

Yet the moment she heard the door to her room open, she was once again reminded where she was. Phoenix was still a prisoner of the Capitol, where she was beginning to believe that this was where she would live the rest of her days. Inside these same four walls. Through her closed eyes, Phoenix heard the sound of two pairs of shoes inching closer to her bed. Phoenix could tell that there were others inside the room, others that believed she was fast asleep. 

Phoenix listened as they began checking her vitals. The woman took advantage of this, making it seem like she really was asleep. Half of her not wanting to deal with them talking to her, and the other half of her wanting to hear what they had to say while thinking she couldn't hear. She listened closely to the shuffling until she finally heard them start talking. " You hear what happened inside District 5? " One of them asked, with the voice belonging to a man.

It took everything in Phoenix's power not to open her eyes at this moment. Not to drop the act and wake up demanding to know what happened. But Phoenix knew doing that would probably result in the opposite of that. This resulting in a wave of sickness washing over her body as the question settled in her mind. 

Did they even realize who they were talking over? But as Phoenix laid there still, she hoped to find out what happened inside her home District. A part of her knew that this might be the only way to find out what really happened. So she ignored all her raging emotions and continued to act as if she was asleep. " What is wrong with you? " The other voice called out. Following his words was a sound of a punch being landed, with that being followed by a groan of pain. 

" Do you ever pay attention? " One of the men called out. " This is Phoenix Flack of District 5, what if she's listening? " The same voice asked, not knowing that Phoenix actually was in fact listening. Phoenix felt the restraints being undone from her wrist, followed by a hand wrapping around her thin bruised wrist. She held back a wince at the feeling of her bruise being pressed against while her arm was lifted in the air. She felt the man's grip loosen as they both watched Phoenix's hand fall on the bed like dead weight. Both men now believing Phoenix was still knocked out from the sedation.

" See? She was out like a light. " The man who had gripped her arm reassured, with his friend nodding. " She better be, they drugged her up real good. The last thing we needed was her freaking out while trying to figure out what was going on. " One of the voices said and she wondered how much drugs they were putting inside of her, especially for her to just knock out with one poke. Yet Phoenix didn't seem to care for long, just needing to know what happened to her home.