𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

Once the name hit Phoenix's ear she felt a wave of shock wash over her

     Once the name hit Phoenix's ear she felt a wave of shock wash over her. Canary and Maeve stood completely still, neither of them knowing what to do. Mainly because neither of them knew for sure how Phoenix was going to react. They desperately wanted Phoenix to jump into his arms, crying tears of joy at how much she had missed him. Yet they needed to be prepared for anything to happen, even the opposite of what they hoped for.

The two women both look at Finnick, seeing the man's tear-stained face as he looked at Phoenix. The look on his face showed nothing but pure love and admiration. With Finnick feeling as though he could finally breathe again, now that Phoenix was in front of him. Finnick's eyes began to water again as he started walking closer to Phoenix. His hands shaking slightly as he tried to get a better look at her. 

Phoenix still had her head in her hands, but the sound of her name being called by who she thought to be Finnick made her tensed up. With her beginning to believe that she was hearing things. Her hands were shaking even more as she finally lifted her head from her hands. With her fully believing she would be met by absolutely nothing. But once she finally looked in front of her, her stomach dropped. Each person expected Phoenix to be over the moon at the sight in front of her.

Yet all they were met with was a look of distress and confusion.

Maeve and Canary watched Phoenix's face change and immediately knew something was wrong. " Finnick, wait. " Maeve muttered, holding her hand up and halting him from moving any closer. She could tell the look on Phoenix's face was the opposite of what they expected. And the last thing Maeve needed was Phoenix to attack Finnick. To almost kill him, just as Peeta Mellark had done to Katniss not too far away from where they were.

Everyone inside the room watched Phoenix's eyes widen as her chest started rising and falling rapidly. She felt her heart beginning to race like it was about to beat right out of her chest. " No " Phoenix muttered, her shaky voice barely above a whisper. Her head shook slightly with the words, seeming like she wasn't believing that what she was seeing in front of her was real. It wasn't long till she repeated the single word, this time a bit louder than the first time.

" No. "

Canary's head snapped to look at Maeve, wondering what they should do. " Maeve. " Canary called out for the woman next to her, knowing it was only a matter of time before this all got too much for Phoenix to handle. And Canary had no idea how she was going to react when it did. " Maeve we need to get him out of here. " Canary's voice wasn't loud when these words left her mouth, but they were just loud enough for Maeve to hear.

" Finnick, you need to- " Maeve began, trying her hardest to get Finnick out of the room before he or anyone else got hurt. But before Maeve could finish what she had to say she was cut off by the screams of Phoenix. " NO " Phoenix screamed out just as Finnick tried to move closer to the bed. Her scream sounded like one of pure fear and anger, making Canary cringe at the lingering desperation the single word held.