𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

The very end of this chapter does mention the death of Foxface, meaning it very briefly mentions suicide

The very end of this chapter does mention the death of Foxface, meaning it very briefly mentions suicide. If that makes you uncomfortable feel free to skip it.

The group was on their feet in no time, making their way towards the Capitol. The majority of the walk was silent, the only sound being heard was that of their heavy boots hitting the ground and the beeping of the Holo. Standing next to Finnick, Phoenix looked at the Capitol as they neared it.

Phoenix felt a sudden presence next to her, a one that most certainly wasn't Finnick's. Looking to the side, Phoenix was met with Canary, who had been almost silent ever since their argument. Only talking to Maeve occasionally during their journey. " Hey. " Canary muttered, a bit of awkward tension filling the space between them.

" Hi. " Phoenix replied back, looking towards the other side of her to see that Finnick was now walking next to Maeve. Both of them just wanted to give the sisters their space. " I love the ring. " Canary motioned to the jewelry Phoenix was wearing on her ring finger. Phoenix subconsciously rubbed the jewelry, a small smile settling on her face.

Looking back up at Canary, Phoenix saw the almost mirroring smile her sister was giving her. " Thanks, " The younger Flack muttered, moving her hand to give her sister a better look at the ring that once belonged to their mother. " It looks beautiful on you. How did he ask? " Curiosity lingered through Canary's words, having not been able to ask since their argument.

" On the hovercraft, mentioned something about you giving it to him. " Phoenix nudged her sister slightly with her shoulder. A chuckle left Canary's lips as she nodded, confirming what Finnick had said. " Yeah, I gave it to him the first day you went training with Maeve. " Phoenix had assumed this, but oh what she would give to be there during that moment.

The silence settled again until Canary opened her mouth to speak. " Hey, I'm sorry for what happened. I overreacted. " Canary apologized, having felt guilty about it for a while. " It's fine. " Phoenix reassured, knowing in a time like this the last thing she wanted was to hold a grudge. She would never forgive herself if the last real thing she told her sister was to stay out of her way.

" That was cute though, the 'stay out of my way' part. Kinda scared me a little. '' Canary jokes, the sisters laughing quietly at her joke. Phoenix nudged her again with her elbow, this time with slightly more force. But as Canary regained her balance her gaze moved from Phoenix to the sight in front of them. Phoenix's gaze followed Canary's, with it finally sinking into the sisters where they were.

They were in the streets of the Capitol, with it looking like a ghost town. A place that was once booming with bright colors and loud noises was now nearly destroyed and deserted. " I've never seen this place so empty before. " Katniss pointed out, saying exactly what Phoenix had been thinking. " Just keep your eyes open. " Boggs reminded, knowing that just because there were no people around, doesn't mean there were no threats.