𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

To neither of their surprise, the silence between Finnick and Phoenix didn't last very much longer

     To neither of their surprise, the silence between Finnick and Phoenix didn't last very much longer. With it ending the moment the door to Phoenix's room was opened. The two looked away from each other and towards the door, revealing Maeve and Canary. Looking closer Phoenix noticed they were in different clothes.

The jumpsuits they wore were nearly identical to their prior ones, but something was different. Before Phoenix could try to figure out what was different, Canary opened her mouth. With the older Flack having still been concerned about Phoenix after having seen Peeta. " You okay, Phoenix? " Canary asked, not noticing the fact Maeve and herself had interrupted the moment between Finnick and Phoenix.

Phoenix nodded her head over and over, beginning to feel a bit better about the whole thing. " Yeah, yeah, I'm okay. " The girl reassured, wanting the two of them to believe her. Phoenix watched the two nod their heads as she detached from Finnick and sat on her bed. Brushing a bit of her hair out of her face, a sigh leaving her lips.

Maeve's weight shifted between her ankles as she called out Phoenix's name. " Don't get too comfortable, there is one more thing you need to do today. " Phoenix looked from Maeve to Canary, wondering what more there was for her to do. " What? " Finnick asked before Phoenix could say anything. " We know you've been doing better, but there is just one more thing we think would be good for you. " Canary began, which surprised Phoenix. Since it had been Canary who wanted to wait as long as possible before exposing Phoenix to things outside her room. To Phoenix, this felt like Canary was beginning to see her recovery for herself.

" We wanna take you to the training room. " Maeve continued, and Phoenix could see Finnick's eyes widen a bit. " So you too were reluctant to let her see me but are okay with her around the knives again? " Finnick asked, questioning the logic of the two. Maeve's eyebrow raised at his words and Phoenix saw her opening her mouth, ready to respond. " Finnick. " Phoenix sighed, her eyes now on him. Her soft features showed him that she wasn't completely put off by their idea. " Relax," She muttered, wanting to get more information from the two before an argument broke out.

Finnick nodded his head, muttering an apology as he broke eye contact. Running his hands through his hair Finnick looked back up at Maeve and Canary. He took Phoenix's words to heart, knowing he had always been protective over the girl, especially since they reunited, but the last thing he wanted was to overstep. " Is that what it would be? Me just throwing knives again? " Phoenix asked, needing to know a bit more before she agreed to anything.

Maeve nodded slowly. " Just some target practices, we think it'll help a bit. " The idea was put into Maeve's head by President Coin, who was still debating on whether or not she wanted to send Phoenix into the war. Yet she didn't tell Maeve this, only telling her how she believed it would help Phoenix with her recovery. And although Maeve and Canary were hesitant at first, they wanted to do anything to get Phoenix better.

" I don't know how good I'll be, it's been a while. " Phoenix raised her right hand up slightly, so it was leveled with her face. Everyone's eyes settled on her hands, watching them shake ever so slightly. Although this was an improvement from what it used to be, Phoenix knew she needed steady hands to throw her knives. " And this definitely won't help. " She joked before placing her hands back in her lap.