In Her Feels

Clementine's POV

A/N: ummmm so if you read this before i got rid of the ending please just forget that shit lmao when I wake up my brain isnt really there yet. What made it worse is that I woke up  from a really weird and really long dream about being on an empty cruise ship with Moana, Humpty Dumpty, and Santa and I couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to write more. So uh yeah forget all that shit idk where tf my brain was

I used to use crying to my advantage, to make people feel bad for me and to get attention. God, I'm such a bitch. I'll never do that again, I can't believe I did that in the first place. I guess I never had to really cry about anything before. Not like I'm crying now.

Now that I do have something real to cry about I have realized how selfish of a thing it was to do, I've realized a lot of things about myself today, none of which helping my current situation.

I peak my eyes up from the blankets. The bright blue eyes stand out in the dark. His face saddens

"Hi" I manage.

"My mum told me about what happened." he says slowly, "if you would like to speak to me about it or anything else I would gladly stay here for as long as you'd like."

I sit up and wrap my arms around him. he hugs me back. "They're gone" I whisper into his shoulder.

"I know, Cleme-"

"Please tell me they aren't- that they aren't dead" I say.

"I'm sorry, Clementine, I really am."

-Time Skip-

"Or on certain national days we would make cookies for them." I told him.

"Like what?" He asked, fidgeting and looking at his hands. He may be fidgeting and looking away and asking simple questions but I can tell he's listening. 

"Well national space day was my favorite, we would make stars, and planets, and moons out of sugar cookies. But we do one for every month like in June we did Juneteenth, or national beach day in August."

"Can you tell me all of them, please?" He quietly questions. I wipe my eyes and try to keep from crying.

"Yeah, yeah I can."

"Well January is hat day so we make hat cookies with different types of hats and colors. Then in February we make cookies from fairy tales because of national tell a fairytale day, for march it's dress say. April is unicorn day, I already told you May and June." As I speak, Tommy listens quietly. He nods some times to let me know he hasn't zoned out. My voice is slowly becoming weaker and weaker, giving in to the want to sob. "July is national emoji day so we make a bunch of emojis. You already heard August. But in September we celebrate- we make ice cream cone shaped cookies. October-" I start to giggle a little at October's cookies.

"What is it?" He smiles a little.

I wipe my eyes once again and continue, smiling a little, "October is national nut day so we make- we make pen-enis cookies." Tommy's laughter is loud and comforting but he soon let sme continue.

"November is national candy day, and last is national cupcake day so we make cupcake shaped cookies." I finish.

"That's sweet. Are they all made from sugar cookies or some other type?" 

"They are all sugar cookies."

He lets me tell him about them for so long that I loose any sense of time. I tell him how we celebrate birthday s and holidays, different vacations we've gone on, random stories, or just anything that comes to mind. He's very quiet when I talk about them, something I have learned is rare. 

"Do you want to watch a movie?" He asks, pulling out his phone.

"What time is it?"

"It is 9:30" he answers. It's way too late to start a movie in my opinion, but I don't want to be alone or fall asleep.

"Are you sure it's not too late?" I ask him, I wouldn't want to keep him up any longer than he'd like.

"No, of course not" he says, laughing a bit, "Let's watch the Hunger Games. Starring Jennifer Lawrence."

As the movie goes on we comment on what's happening, cheering on characters or making jokes about them. By the time the movie is over it's midnight. 

"Let's put on another" he says, turning his phone to scroll through the options.

"It's 12 am though, we'll be up until like- 2 am!" I say a bit shocked. 

"Well are you tired? You can sleep if you want-"

"No actually, now that I think about it I'm wide awake." I say, "I've never been this awake at such a weird hour."

We turn on Frozen. It's kind of embarrassing but it's one of my favorite movies. We sing to every song and shout at Hans and that stupid little bald weasel man. Tommy curses at the Hans when he's about to kill Elsa.

After the movie it's almost 4 am. I know, absolutely crazy!

"I've never been up anywhere close to this time!" I tell him.

"What do you mean?"

"The latest I've ever been up is like, 1 am. And that was that first night I was here."

"Oh my lord, Clementine, that is so sad. You are so peculiar, do you know that?"

"No I am not!" I laugh a little.

A/N yeah so when  I was looking up national holidays I saw national cut the cord day and I thought of pulling the plug so it wasn't until I got to the 3rd sentence that I realized it was about disconnecting from the internet and not pulling the plug on somebody lol :D