Facetime

I wake up at 6:45 am, I know! SUPER LATE! I eat some cereal for breakfast, which is really plain compared to American cereal. The day after tomorrow I get to go home! Tommy sits down at the table until he has to leave. I've been telling him about this sorority I plan on joining when I get to college.

"Well what do you do when you get in a sorority?" He asks.

"Well I would make a bunch of friends, we'd be able to do all these fun activities like parties or games-"

"Games? You're gonna have some family game night shit?" He chuckles.

"Well, no, you see there are lots of crazy college traditions I can't wait to try! Like mattress racing and going to parties!"

Tommy stops me there, "What the hell is mattress racing?"

I shrug, "I don't know but it sounds fun!"

"Well then why wait for university to go to a party, what's good about them anyway I mean-"

"WHAT"S GOOD ABOUT PARTIES? Tommy! Parties are so much fun, of course I haven't waited to go to one but college parties are supposed to be even crazier than high school parties!"

"What's so good about parties then?"

"Well you can dance and play drinking games, sing, loads of stuff!"

He pulls a face, "Doesn't sound that fun to me, I've got to go though. Bye, Clementine."

"It is fun but bye!"

After he leaves I see that I still haven't opened the notification from Jackson.

Jackson> What did you do to Leah

I sharply inhale. What did she tell him? 

Clementine> nothing, what did she tell you?

Jackson> She said you made her cry

Clementine>  Can I explain on ft?

I walk out of the kitchen and into "my" bedroom as I text.

I get a facetime call from Jackson.

"Hey, Jackson!"

"Hey, Clementine, so what happened?" His voice is so cute! And he looks it to!

I lay down on my bed and set my phone up on my pillow.

"Basically she found out that I was in England and got really mad at me because I didn't take he with me. I couldn't take her with me though, I didn't even want to come here!" I explain quickly, deciding to leave out the "backstabbing bitch" part.

"Why are you in Europe anyway?"

"um...my dad...he had a- a uh- he had to go on an emergency trip for work. He...decided to take me with him!" I hope he can't tell I'm lying!

"Are you sure?" He pulls his eyebrows together a bit.

"Yes!"

"Ok...then why was Leah crying?"

"Jackson, I don't know why she was crying-"

"She said you were really mean to her!" He says loudly. I hope I'm not upsetting him.

"I wasn't mean at all, I promise!" I respond, "I'll ask her why she's so upset later, right now I have to go right now."

"Ok, just get it all sorted out. Bye, Clementine"

"Bye, Jackson!"