Chapter 8 - Food Fight

Hi Pete!" A 7 year old Edmund said, as he ran into the kitchen, a huge smile on his face.

Peter chuckled as he turned to face his brother, smiling. ''Hi, Ed."

"What ya doing?" Edmund asked, as Peter grabbed some things from the cabinets and placed them on the table.

"I'm baking a cake for mum's birthday tomorrow." Peter said. "Wanna help?'

"Yeah!" Edmund said enthusiastically, a huge smile on his face.

"Alright." Peter said, chuckling slightly. "Can you grab the butter and eggs from the fridge, and I'll get the sugar."

"Okay." Edmund said, making his way to the fridge. He Opened the door, finding the bowl of butter on the second shelf. He grabbed the butter, and right behind it, were the eggs. He smiled as he grabbed the box of eggs, before shutting the door and walking over to the table. Peter stood there patiently waiting for him.

"Got it?" Peter asked.

"Yup!" Edmund replied, placing the butter and eggs on the table.

"Okay." Peter breathed. "First, we need to add the sugar. I'll pour it into this cup, and then you'll pour it into the bowl. Alright?"

Edmund nodded enthusiastically.

Peter carefully poured the correct amount of sugar into the measuring cup, before handing it to his brother.

Edmund took the cup of sugar and poured it in the bowl, before handing the cup back to his brother.

"Great." Peter breathed. "Now, how about you go get the flour from the counter, while I add in the butter."

Edmund nodded before hurrying over to the counter. He looked around for a few seconds before seeing a big blue bag that said FLOUR on the front. He smiled before picking it up, with a little struggle. This bag of flour was huge! Even bigger than his head. He must speak with his mum about buying a smaller one next time.

Walking over to the table was a struggle though. Edmund simply couldn't see because this flour was the biggest thing he had ever laid eyes on! Finally, he reached the table, he only knew this when he saw Peter's feet though. Edmund hurriedly placed the flour on the table, panting as he put it down.

Once the young boy caught his breath, he looked up at his brother, only to see Peter looking down at him and smirking. "Alright there, Ed?" He asked.

Edmund panted dramatically as he looked up at Peter. "That bag of flour is the biggest thing I have ever seen! And it's SUPER heavy!"

Peter laughed, ruffling Edmund's hair.

"Hey!" Edmund shouted, shoving Peter's hand away.

"You're so dramatic, Ed."

"Am not!" Edmund defended.

Peter laughed, shaking his head. "Just fill this cup with flour and pour it into the bowl, okay?"

Edmund nodded before filling up the cup with flour. He was just about to pour it into the cake bowl when he came up with an even better idea. While Peter's back was turned, Edmund reached into the bag of flour, grabbing a handful.

"Peter?" Edmund asked innocently.

"Yeah?" Peter said, turning around...but he found himself coughing a moment later. He sighed, realizing Edmund had thrown flour into his face.