Twenty-Four

You sat in the control room with everyone while Tony went over the meeting, quickly. Sharon had left a few minutes before you arrived so you didn't bump in to each other.

You knew you needed to see her again, you couldn't keep avoiding her, but for now you needed that little bit of time to sort your head out; find your memories, and then you can deal with what may happen....

Tony clicked up the video footage of the warehouse, turning on infrared so you all could see how many people were there.

"There's numerous people in that building. I don't know how you didn't run in to more." Tony looked over the footage, zooming in every so often to check out the building.

"Upped security?" You questioned

"Possibly." Tony sighed and sat at the end of the table.

The video footage shows at least 20 people in one corridor alone. There was no way you all could get down a corridor to fight them all safely; the corridors were too narrow. And who's to say they haven't got the hostages walking the halls, too? Because all you could see were red blobs. They could be innocent people like you. You couldn't go in all guns blazing.

"What if I go -" you started your idea but Bruce cut you off.

"I don't think you should go in there." Bruce explained, looking at you with plea in his eyes.

"Y/N wants to, so we let her." Steve disagreed with Bruce. "The guys have been training her, she'll be better prepared than last time."

"I just don't think -" Bruce tried to talk but no one was letting him.

"Y/N, do you want to go in?" Tony asked, turning to you.

He obviously learnt from last time and realised that maybe you should be there... if only he knew everything.

You looked over to Bruce, plea in his eyes. You hadn't told anyone other than Bucky about the serum fading. By now it was more than likely out your system and you had no strength, you weren't fast; you were just a normal person.

"Yeah. I do." You nodded, uneasy with your decision but you knew you needed to do something, you wanted to do something.

"OK. Then the plan...." Tony jumped up and started explaining what you all had to do.

———

"Steve, there's something I need to ask you."
Bruce shouted over as the group left. Steve turned, his arm around your shoulder dropped to your waist and pushed you back in the room with him. "In private, if I could?"

Steve looked down to you and you smiled, "I'll see you in a bit." You stood on your tiptoes and kissed his cheek before leaving the room. Steve shut the door behind him and you continued down to your room to change.

You picked out your thick leather leggings that hugged your curves Natasha gave you during training; you had practiced in them and so far no knife had been able to get through. You threw on a top as you were going to get your vest from Tony before entering the warehouse.

Your door opened as you were putting your top on and Bucky leaned against the frame, "Ready?"

"As I'll ever be." You smiled and grabbed your thigh strap from the desk, tightening it round your leg and placing a knife and gun in the holder.

"Why are yours and Natashas clothes so revealing?" Bucky looked you up and down as the two of you left your room.

"Are you checking me out, James?" You smirked walking along the corridor.