Fourteen

The four of you got to the building, the boys constantly asking questions along the way about you and Rogers. But you didn't feel like talking about it... nosey bitches. There wasn't much to say really; you weren't even sure what was going on.

"There's no security?" Clint frowned looking around the perimeter.

"Doesn't look to be locked either." You looked over to Sam by the door who just pushed it open.

"It looks like a run down old warehouse, why would anyone dare to suspect anything?" you shrugged and walked in, not waiting for the boys.

"Maybe one of us should be in front?" Bucky said, catching up to you.

You sighed and motioned for Bucky to walk ahead. Sam stood behind you and Clint was at the back, turning as he walked, looking at everything and keeping his wits about.

It was a long corridor with no doors either side at first. Then finally you got to the end and one metal door stood. There was a punch pad next to it, you guessed it opened the door.

"There's your security. This is definitely the place." You whispered looking over the pad. You lifted your hand and pressed a couple of numbers..."4...1...6...0" you tapped and a little red light above the pad turned green and the door clicked open.

"How did you know that?" Clint asked as Bucky pushed the door open more.

"I don't know." Your breathing became rough as your heartbeat grew louder and harder, feeling it in your throat.

Sam and Bucky went first and Clint behind you, arrow drawn. The corridors were now tiled and white... bright white.

Your lungs crushed. You tried to breath but you couldn't get any air. "Bucky..." you breathed out, dropping to your knees. "I can't breath..."

The three of them rushed over to you, Bucky on his knees in front of you while Sam and Clint looked round to make sure no one surprised you.

"Hey, Y/N. Look at me. It's a panic attack, Okay? So, just look at me." Bucky said, panic in his voice as he placed his hands either side of your face and moved you to look up to him, "You're fine. I'm here, OK? Just...calm down, OK. Breath. Big breaths."

He took in a deep breath and you followed his lead, taking in breaths and letting them out slowly. "How you feeling?"

"Better." You half smiled. Bucky wrapped his arms round you and held you close to his chest. You could hear his heart thumping against his chest. Was he scared too? Or scared because of you?

"Come on. Let's keep going." Clint said taking a couple of steps away.

You stood up and took a few steps holding onto Buckys hand, not wanting to let him go. You all rounded a corner and it felt like you hit a brick wall, but nothing was there.

You stumbled backwards, letting go of Buckys hand and falling to the floor screaming. "No! No I don't want to, please! Please don't want to do it, please! I can't do it again, no!" You curled up and began to cry.

You could feel the cold hands around your arms and legs, pulling you down the corridors as you screamed as loud as you could. You could see the table and needles, people around you with masks on. The cold of the metal restraints against your wrists and ankles. Your leg breaking, the pain shooting through your body as you let out a blood curdling scream.

"Just keep going." Bucky said to the other two before kneeling back down beside you. "Hey, come on Y/N" he picked you up and wrapped you in him, holding you close as you sobbed on his shoulder. "I'm right here." He whispered in your ear. "I'm always right here."

You stopped crying and looked up into his blue eyes. And suddenly you remembered why you were so trusting in him. "You were here." You whispered.

Bucky frowned, confused. "What? I've never been here."

"Oh but you have Mr Barnes."

You both whipped your heads round to a doorway on the other side of you. Some people in suits and masks were stood in the doorway, "Glad you're back Miss Y/L/N."

Some Guards came from behind the men in suits, holding guns up to the two of you.

"Stand up both of you." One of the Suits demanded. Without hesitation you stood up, Bucky got up really slowly. "Don't waste our time Barnes. We've got a full evening planned."

Two more Guards came out and grabbed your arms, "Bucky!" You shouted as you were dragged out the room.

Bucky moved forward to get you, but one of the Guards put their gun right to his head, "move and I shoot." Bucky stayed still watching you disappear into the long corridor and out of sight.

You were thrown on to another table and strapped down. You wiggled against the restraints, trying to move, but it was useless.

You looked around the room and sighed. The white walls and ceilings made your stomach turn, the smell of bleach stung your nose and throat.

"Oh Miss Y/L/N, you got away from us once. We're not going to make that mistake again." The Suit said who stood next to you.

"Just let me go, please." You begged, tears rolling down your face.

"Not going to happen." The Suit sighed and walked round to a computer. "Do you remember how you know Mr Barnes?"

"He found me on the road."

"Yes, but you said he was here, and you were right. He was." He put a video on a screen that you could see, "he was here to train you all."

The video started and Bucky appeared on screen. He looked different, but you could tell it was him. His hair was much longer and he was wearing some sort of jacket you had not seen before. There was a split second when Bucky looked at the camera; his eyes were dark and glazed. Behind his eyes, he had no emotion at all.

The room was dark with little light but enough you could just about make things out. And then you saw ... you. A younger version of you, but you. You had a white top on and black shorts, and you could see no scars anywhere.

Bucky lunged forward towards you, throwing punches as you missed each one. You both were in full on combat. Fighting for a few minutes, you shook your head at the video in front of you. It just didn't seem real. You didn't remember any of it. Bucky then rounded and hit you in the back of the head, causing you to fall forward and landing on your hands and knees.

You stayed down for a few seconds before he walked over and knelt beside you. You couldn't see his face or yours, but his hand was under your chin lifting your head to look at him. Bucky quickly stood up and went after the Suits and Guards, fighting them instead.

The screen went black and The Suit walked over to you and stood in front of the screen, "what did he say to you?"

You frowned and shook your head, "I don't know. I don't remember."

"We tried to extract it from your brain, but could never find it. You did something, he killed five of my men. We had to put him back on ice. Wipe his memory again." He explained, fiddling with a tray lying next to you. "Every time we got him out, every time he looked at you, he snapped. He just attacked us instead of listening."

"You say that as if it was bad thing?" You sighed, "I don't remember."

You remembered before the sound of the clanging metal next to your ear. And then pain. You braved yourself for whatever he was planning as the tray continued to clatter next to you as he sorted something out.

"I believe you." He picked up a needle, grabbed your hair and pulled it to move your head to the side and look away from him, "but you will remember." You felt the needle pierce your skin and drag inside...