Ch 26: Price of Betrayal

The next moment, a bright light struck me, burning me almost to a crisp. And then, I was in her parent's home.

Asking her father for her hand in marriage. I was a simple dockworker, and if I would of known where my life would go in a few weeks time.. I never would of married my Maria.

Her brother always hated me, mainly because of the fact I was a Scotsman, but I had a feeling my past was also to blame, Damn Englishmen.. Maria though, she was a rose in a field. A dock in stormy weather. 

A week or two passed and we were soon to be married when I met him, I needed Gold and silver, and he had saved my life once before, Mori Laury, The bastard kid. He was talking about Nassau, and how rich he could make us, the fucking liar. I signed on, and it costed me my life, or was my death my own fault? Laury, did not fulfil his promise to make me rich, but he stood fair to me... 

As I was lost in thought, the sharp pain of my heart being pierced came back, but vanished as the ship came into view, My own hell.. The day I betrayed my friends, Adewale hid the Jackdaw in port and climbed aboard, together we cut down half of the crew to The Black Pearl, setting the ship a blaze to lure Laury back "Today is the day Cutler, Laury dies, Kennway pays you, and then Maria gets her husband back." but, is it worth the price of Betrayal?

I found myself asking that as Laury and Cormack can rushing to the ship, After seeing them on the dock, I turned and thrusted my saber towards Adewale, catching him by surprise and the fight was on "CUTLER!" Mori called, nearly on the Quarterdeck, so I did what I had to, I drew my flintlock, and fired towards the mast, making sure it could block Laury's path, making sure Kennway's crew couldn't kill him, and then I heard Adewale yell, before he shoved his sword into my heart uttering my last words "Death.. Before.. Dishonor.. Maria..."