Ch 16: Setting Sail

Eight days we have been on the trail, the waves crashing against the Black Pearl harshly as the air fills with the smell of salt and sea. Everywhere I turn, I see Thatch, word around Havana was every pirate there that fateful night had died.

I had heard tales that even myself was killed, but as we know that was a lie, I was snapped out of my thoughts when Cutler chuckled "In that last town, I was told we were nothing more then ghost tales, Fairy tales." He laughed causing me to grin, I turned to face him, my hands keeping on the wheel "They can say what they like Lad, but a Ghost could not burn a ship, or kill a King." I muttered, as we spoke, a royal ship approached, my eyes locked on it.

Present day

"So you were a Ghost, Why do I not believe you Laury." The voiced growled out, like a dog riddled with diseases. Only to receive a slight scoff from myself "I did not say we were Ghosts, That is what I was told we were."

After I spoke, I received a the butt of a musket to my face, causing a tooth to break from my mouth, my eyes land on the dark dungeon floor "If you are going to kill me, Just fucking do it." I shouted as the large metal door slammed shut and locked, leaving me alone in the darkness once again.