Chapter Nineteen

I didn't know why, but I found myself following them outside; into the forest. Tristan's words echoed in my head painfully. Whatever Antonio Venturi wanted, he was willing to deprive these creatures of their wings. The wings of a dragon were its most majestic feature. The large beautiful wings that helped them soar high into the skies.

With that Tristan had told me I knew Venturi's goal was something more powerful than I could ever imagine. It had my mind become a war of two sides, whether to help them stop Venturi, like I had initially planned, or leave for my own sake.

Running a hand through my hair, I sighed, only to gain Austin's attention. He slowed down from Tristan's left side and came towards me, walking at the same pace as me, "I hope you understand, I'm only trying to protect my kind." He murmured.

"I get that," I sighed, "But I need to be told what's going on. You've no right to hold me prisoner here, especially since I have done absolutely nothing wrong.

He shook his dead, "But you know the hunters' leader Jisoo, and you're engaged-"

"Was!" I snapped, bringing myself to an abrupt halt, "I was engaged to him, Austin but to be honest not even entirely. I stopped it!"

"Jisoo-" Alec started, but I had no intention of listening to him. The fire in my veins crackled as I glared at Austin.

"Do you have any idea what it was like for me to be raised in my father's family, Austin?!" I questioned, hearing the start of wildfire crack within. The memories washed down in front of eyes, only deepening the agony I had pushed away.

"It was always money! Always fame! Always power! He didn't care for me, nor anyone, only the damn reputation he holds. Andreas Kwon was never a father to me, Austin! What kind of father would try to sell his daughter off in marriage to a man she has never met in her life. What kind of father would try to deprive her of the dreams she hoped to accomplish!" Tears stung in the back of my eyes, but I didn't dare let them fall. I vowed myself to never cry for that family. I broke that damn vow twice, I refuse to let another tear break it again. They weren't worthy of my tears. They didn't deserve them.

Austin's face contorted into regret and sympathy as he gazed down at me, I cursed at the damn height he was, "I only met Antonio Venturi once, and that was enough for me to figure out he was a man who lusted for fame and money. And now I find out he's someone who tortures and kills to achieve his damned goals! What makes you think I want to spend a lifetime with a man like that?"

I felt the heat rising within me; the caressing of invisible flames, "And believe me, Austin, I would have killed him myself if our marriage had gone through." I threatened, hearing the fire crackle within me.

"Control." Tristan murmured, my eyes snapped over to him. The softness of his seafoam eyes lightened the crackling of the flames. A simple glance was all it took from him to die down the flames that threatened to rise.

"I'm sorry, Jisoo." Austin apologised, "But you do look hot when you get angry though." He winked, smirking; the arrogant jerk returning.

"Damn you, Austin!" I snapped.

"Calm yourself down, we don't need a fire show here." Tristan scowled. His eyes flickered over to Austin, a deep rage surrounded his eyes, the emerald glints trying to rise to glory.

"Damn you, too, Toothless!"

"You're powerful.." Alec frowned, the confusion rang through his voice. I raised an eyebrow at him, feeling confused at his choice of words. Alec was the silent one, who observed carefully, analysing everyone's move and words, "I don't think she's just an elemental."