Chapter Eleven

Happy Valentine's Day ;)

-

I stared at him for the longest time, blinking only once or twice before I threw my head back and laughed; I convulsed into laughter at the nonsense he spilled from his mouth. His eyebrows knitted together, frowning at me as laughs fell from my lips in waves, before a perplexed look formed on his sculpted face.

As my erratic laugh died down, I took in a few breaths before asking, "So what? You're Toothless?" I snickered, placing a hand on my mouth to stifle another round of laughs.

Confusion washed over his face, "I have teeth." He muttered.

"Oh! Oh my God, you don't know Toothless? The greatest dragon of all?" I asked him incredulously.

"The greatest dragon of all was my father." He told me sternly, as if it was something he truly believed.

I scoffed, "Ok stop!" I shook my head at him, "I shouldn't even find this entertaining, you need help! There isn't a world of magical creatures!" I snapped. This wasn't a storybook, this was life. You live, you work hard, get hurt here and there, then die, there wasn't anything mythological or beautiful about it.

"Then, how do you explain the fire?" He challenged.

"That..." I found myself being speechless, for perhaps the first time in life, "Listen, Toothless. I need to get back to my life. My company needs me!" I stressed the words.

My disappearance from the gala would definitely hit the news by now, making it a complete disaster. My body already felt exhausted at the mere thought of explaining it to the media. My father would be no help, of course. He had his own dirt to hide and bribe everyone to be on his side.

"I don't think it is a good idea to leave!" He said.

"Excuse me, you can't hold me prisoner here!" I exclaimed.

"I can, and I will." He told me, a dominating tone that left no room for argument, but I won't let him walk all over me.

I gritted my teeth, taking slow steps towards him, standing close enough to feel his minty breath on my face. He didn't move back, nor break the contact of our eyes, but his body stiffened, perhaps to hold back some bit of self-control. I took a deep breath before I spoke, "Don't even think for a second I will bend to your will, buddy! I refuse to be kept here because of the stupid nonsense you speak of." I watched as his jaw tightened and glare at me, only letting the intensity of his eyes grow, "Get a grip of the real world, because if you don't you will be trampled and fu*ked over again and again, until you're nothing more than a piece of dirt that people will walk over."

"Watch your tongue, human!" He warned, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Human? Oh, and let me guess your kind are some stupid, priceless creatures from storybooks!" I smirked.

His eyes flared with anger, letting the emerald glints dominate the whole iris. I frowned at how mysteriously his eyes changed colour, "How are you eyes-?"

I didn't even get to finish the question, as I was suddenly pushed against the wall. I gasped as my back hit against the cold wall, causing me arch in reflex at the pain that shot through. My chest immediately pressed against his, I bit my lip as sudden electric sparks ignited my whole body, sending an unbelievable sensation straight to my core.

My eyes opened, I didn't even realise I had closed them. I expected to meet his eyes, but I was instead met with the opposite wall. His lips leaned in close to my ear, I could feel his hot breath fanning against my cheek, "Okay princess, let's get one thing clear. You can insult me all you want, but don't even think for a second I'll let you insult my people. You're a little human in the realm of dragons. They will tear you apart with one single word I give them," His lips touched my ears as he spoke, sending delightful shivers to run down my body, "But I won't, because I would never let my people spill blood, unless it's to protect themselves."