Chapter Sixteen

Mature themes coming up later on this chapter.

***

Finding myself in the dark-coloured room again, I sighed, feeling my wound throbbing with a strange numbing sensation. It made me almost regret not listening to Tristan.

I groaned, sitting on the edge of the bed, feeling utterly worn down.

Collapsing myself onto the soft mattress, I looked up at the ceiling allowing myself to think.

It was harder than I thought, getting through to this man. He wouldn't budge. It was going to take much more time than I had anticipated. It wasn't just the Venturi I needed to stop, but Jackson too. He would definitely take the chance to reign over the empire I had built.

I sighed, realising I had made more enemies than I thought possible. Both of them wanting, the end of me. While Venturi had taken some sort of liking towards me, I knew him well enough to know he would do anything to reach his goal, and from what the 'twins' had told me, he was even willing to kill for it.

He had killed many of Tristan's people in the past year it seems, making me wonder what was he possibly after! Knowing whatever valuable object or power he was after, could be the key to stopping him.. Stopping him from reaching it.

But if Tristan doesn't open up to me soon enough, I have no choice but to ask the Venturi myself. He was smart, but also easily fooled, after all I did stop our so-called marriage from happening. With the Venturi playing dumb was the key, allowing him to think he had the upper of things; everything under his control.

I sighed, running a hand over my face, "Maybe it's time for a bath." I winced at my aching body. I felt so disgusted and unpleasant within myself, and scolding myself repeatedly for allowing Tristan to see a true emotion to form in my eyes. I allowed myself to slip. But I would be lying if I said I didn't like seeing that softness in his eyes. It made his eyes more mesmerising, than they already were, making me want to reach out and admire them.. more and more.

Taking a deep breath, I pulled myself away from the comfy bed and walked towards the another door within the room, to the side, presuming it was the bathroom. The pain in my leg did stung, but it didn't stop me from craving a shower.

Opening the large door, my eyes wandered around the large bathroom. Grey on black stone tiles lined the walls smoothly, shining against the bright light. It was set with a walk- in shower and large bathtub. I practically eyed the large black-stoned tub that lined itself against the wall on the far end, hungrily. Beautifully aesthetic..

"Toothless sure loves black." I murmured, walking towards the tub. The tub was more practical, than the shower, I wanted to relax, not constantly be pulled down by the strain on my wounded leg.

Allowing myself to sit down on the wide edges of the tub, I leaned over and turned on the faucet and watched the water rush down as I pushed the plunger in place. I smiled watching the tub fill up, before reaching over to the soaps placed on the rack to the side.

"Sandalwood and madras wood with sweet honey." I read over the writings of the bottle. While it wasn't my usual fresh cherry-blossom gel, I was grateful there was at least some nice soap here for me to use.

Snapping open the bottle, I inhaled the scent. A spicy-sweet scent filled my nostrils, making me crave it. I guess I liked the spicy scent that held a bit of sweetness within them, a combination that seemed odd, but it smelled crisp and refreshing at the same time, making it a beautiful combination.

I frowned, wondering, where have I smelt this before?

But I quickly shook the question away, that was the least of my concerns right now and I wanted to relax my aching head.