Chapter One

Dear Guests and Employs,

As the proud CEO and founder of Sooyaa's Desires...

I sighed, tapping away the keys on my laptop, an invitation to my shareholders, business partners and employees. The celebration of my newest expansion to Sooyaa's Desires will be held within a few days. However, the constant pressure and stress that weighed down on my shoulders, prevented me from looking forward to the occasion.

One side, I had the constant begging of my father to join my company with my brother's to prevent him from going bankrupt. He had millions stolen from a business partner, Antonio Venturi. On the other side, I had the nagging of reporters trying to spy on my life, wanting to get me into another "dating scandal" the madness people brought to my life!

The mounting pain in my head made me close my eyes and groan, one after another, problems rose, killing my insides, and creating that sickening pain at the pit of my stomach. Why should I give my fortunes and savings to save my brother?! It was his own damn fault! I told him not to, and that guy looked fishy. After all, my brother encouraged me to date the guy, but wouldn't ever take an advice from a woman.

During the first -and last- date, I could practically see the greedy schemes that swirled in his dark eyes. The darkness brings many dangers and cannot be trusted by any means. No darkness in the world can lead to good. In Antonio's eyes, I could see just that, the evil schemes. First, he thought of marrying me in order to get hold of the fame and riches that came along, and once Antonio figured out I wasn't going to sit still and look pretty like a trophy for him, he out-tricked my brother, leaving him almost bankrupt.

The ding from my phone tore my eyes away from the laptop screen and tornado of thoughts, reaching over I grabbed the device.

'Please, come over for dinner, Jisoo-yaa.' -Mother.

I read over the message a few times before sighing, while I hated worrying mother, I couldn't take in the glares my brother and his wife send my way. Their gazes burnt with hatred and jealousy, but I simply wasn't going to let them walk all over me. I stopped attending dinner after the first three times. Dinner was supposed to eat with grace, peace and light happy talk, but our dinners contained nothing but glares, arguments and people walking out.

"Simply jealous.." I muttered, looking around my grand office. The ceiling to the floor gleamed with expert craftsmanship and the little aesthetic touch added by myself really brought out the place. Envy glinted in the eyes of many who entered my office. Superiority and modern elegance screames from every corner of my office, including my attire.

Hearing another ding from my phone, I groaned powering it off. Taking a few deep breaths, I closed my eyes, I wanted nothing more than to escape this family. Every step I climbed, every award I achieved, I received nothing but jealousy from my brother, while my father helped me in some means, I knew it was his son he wanted to see soaring above. And my father only stood by my side for the glory, only looking out for his image; his reputation as the most respected man in business.

Shaking my head, I took a sip of my coffee and once again began tapping away the keys. I knew some lines may sounded slightly cocky-- yes, I admit it, but it was simply the truth. My business empire will flourish and prosper; the hate and jealousy of others wasn't going to bring down what I had planned for the future of my company.

I sighed sending the emails and shut the laptop down. I immediately grabbed my phone and handbag, before standing up to leave.

The plants that stood behind me greeted my presence with their heavenly scents. The white lilies sprouted alongside the soft pink roses. I inhaled the scents trying to calm my frayed nerves and aching head. It was odd how a sweet scent can pull you away from the constant pain and stress of life, even if it was for a minute.