Chapter Six

Mature themes coming up later on this chapter and b/rning (u).

Also guys, I am scared, is the story ok? Is it worth continuing?

***

A deep tired sigh left my lips as I walked back and forth in the hospital room. The doctor had advised me to take some exercise. My legs needed it, especially if I wanted to be there for my company's expansion gala. I could not miss the most important event of my company.

Information had already leaked out. Newspapers and magazines has already gotten their hands on what had happened. Yet another thing this to search, who had leaked all this information to the media?!

I guess some people were just as desperate to get me into another scandal or make the headlines, as they were to have me killed.

I groaned, leaning against my bed. With the four days that had passed, I had come to believe that this was indeed planned; someone had planned to end my very life. There was no denying it, especially when Cameron had informed me, the car driven by my attacker was stolen a vehicle, from up North Canada. It was reported stolen a few days back by the owner.

They had found the car now, it was left in a ditch and burned. While insurance covered the owner he had still demanded money from me. I shook my head, I guess some people think if they get involved with the rich, they can demand for anything. The one that owned him money was my attacker, not me!

And my list if problems keeps numbering up again and again..

My father had tried to get his hands on the findings and the latest updates but I had stopped him in time. He wanted to find out everything, for it would boost his image. Over-protective and vengeful father searching for the one responsible for his daughter's attempted murder. Wouldn't that be a catch?

But thankfully, Cameron had kept true to his word and had not told anyone of the new findings or updates of my case.

I picked up my phone and scrolled through the pictures Cameron had sent me. The gala's ballroom looked splendid, bright colours of seafoam and turquoise decorated every corner, and sparking silver coated as an outer beauty. The hydrangea macrophylla (blue colour blossom) flower was placed at every table, matching with the soft and vibrant blues. I wanted to be there making sure every inch was spectacular. I couldn't afford to let this go down the drain.

I had originally planned on wearing a deep red colour for the gala, however, I was quickly starting to change my mind now.

Sighing, I opened my messages to Cameron and texting him asking him about the preparations.

Jisoo ------>>>>----- Cameron

How is everything going? Not a single thread should be out of place! I want this gala to be to at its absolute perfection. People should be still talking about this event in more than a year's time.

Almost immediately, he had replied. He knows, I did not like being waited on, especially on regards to events such as these.

Cameron ---->>>>---- Jisoo

Yes, Ms. Kwon, everything is going perfectly as you have planned. I have made sure to keep everything as you suggested and designed.

"God.." I sighed, "This idiot better be telling me the truth!" I grumbled. The accident had caused a great amount of delay and loss, if I let the gala slip too, my company's expansion wouldn't succeed. Pressure was weighing down on my shoulders like a ton of bricks. I had missed out on an entire week and the past four days, I needed to get back on things again, I needed to make sure my company stays on top. I couldn't let anything bring me down.