Chapter 10

A/N

Why does this have so many reads what is going on.

----------Castiel's POV----------

Castiel woke up that morning with a horrible headache. He looked around. That must've been some party. It looks like I'm in Dean's room... He thought to himself.

"Mornin' sunshine!" Dean practically yelled at Cas, walking into the room.

"Hey! Don't yell. I have the worst hangover in the history of hangovers."

Dean chuckled and said "I have something to fix that. Be right back."

Cas looked around Dean's room. Nothing had changed, except the wall that the door was on was literally covered in posters. From bands, movies, t.v. shows, even books! He saw Doctor Who posters, and Sherlock posters. He even saw the posters from one of his favorite book series, Supernatural by Carver Edlund, where two brothers, Dan and Sean, (I'm so sorry you have no idea how much that made me cringe) criss-cross the country and fight demons and monsters. Castiel couldn't believe it. Dean Winchester was a closet nerd, and I big one by the looks of it. Castiel wondered if he was closet anything else, but he steered his thoughts away from there because he knew it only led to more scars.

Dean came back up, holding a tray of eggs, a banana, and black coffee.

"That's a cure for a hangover?" Cas asked

"Yup. Works every time." Dean handed Castiel the tray. They fell into an awkward silence as Cas ate.

"Uh, Cas? Um... What do you remember? About... last night." Dean asked, breaking the silence.

Cas had hoped he wouldn't ask this. "Everything." He said solemnly

Dean scooched up near Cas and wrapped him in a giant bear hug. Cas nuzzled his head into Dean's chest, and, for the first time since freshman year, was truly happy. He breathed in Dean's scent. He still smelled just like when they were little. 'Damn,' Cas thought 'how fucking weird can one kid be? Remembering a scent?!? Who does that.'

"I'm sorry." Dean whispered, hugging Cas tighter. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"Hey Dean?"

"Yeah?"

"Assbutt."

Dean and Cas fell into a fit of laughter, resulting in Dean laying on the fetal position on the floor.

Cas had finally finished his meal, and was starting to feel better. Dean grabbed the tray and took it downstairs.

Castiel continued to look around Dean's room.

'I wonder...' Cas thought to himself, while leaning over to Dean's bedside table. Castiel knew that was where Dean used to keep his walkie-talkie. Sure, it had been 3 years. And besides, they were seniors now. Too old for wa-

Castiel's train of though was cut off when he spotted it. The walkie-talkie. He turned flipped it on, thankful that it still had battery, as he heard Dean coming up the stairs.

----------Dean's POV----------

I'm gonna hafta apologize, to him, aren't I? Dean thought to himself as he brought the tray and leftover food downstairs

He dropped the tray in the sink and slowly add his way back to the stairs. What was he gonna say? He can't just say "Hey I'm not a homophobe, sorry for abandoning you for three years which caused you to repeatedly carve my name into your skin" he was going to have to talk about his... Feelings. Dean Winchester don't talk feelings. It always becomes this big chick-flick moment.

He walked back into the room, and Cas was sitting up in his bed. His blue-tipped mohawk was messy, you could go as far as calling it sex hair, which was exactly what Dean did. He hadn't taken out any of his piercings the night before, and Dean thought he look good. What the hell? He looked friggin gorgeous. Dean decided to forget about that thought for now and go back to it later.

He sat on the bed. "So..." He started awkwardly. "Wanna explain... um, where you came from last night?" Dean decided on an easy question, before they got to the hard stuff.

"My girlfriend," Dean didn't understand why he felt... angry? Jealous?!? When Cas said that. "Meg, threw a party last night, and I had a little too much to drink..." Cas trailed off

"A little??? I was surprised you remembered anything from last night at all." Dean chuckled

"Don't underestimate me Winchester! I happen to have a high tolerance for alcohol." Cas said with a smug look.

"Oh really? So you meant to call me an... assbutt, if I recall correctly."

Castiel's cheeks reddened slightly, but he played it off with a "You bet your pie-guzzling ass I did."

Dean decided to ask the next question, not as horrible as the final question would be, but Dean was scared of the answer.

"So, um... why did you come to my house?"

----------Castiel's POV----------

Fuck. He had to ask that one? Couldn't they just relish in the moment? Well, at least he didn't ask that question.

"Um... I uh, I guess I was thinking back, and recalled that you were an 'assbutt'," Cas started, quoting himself. He swallowed the lump that was forming in his throat.

"And uh, I guess I tried to confront you about it..." Cas trailed off a little at the end, not sure if he should continue.

"Oh, uh, okay..." After a pause, Dean continued, "Cas? I know that uh, I wasn't very... kind. I was, um I was confused, I guess. It- it was a mistake. I shouldn't have left you when you needed me, and I definitely shouldn't have left you for 3 years. I'm sorry." Castiel felt as if a huge weight had just been lifted off his shoulders.

"You mean that?" He asked

Dean finally looked up, bluer-than-blue eyes meeting fanfiction green ones.

"With all my heart, Cas."