Chapter 9

A/N

You're gonna cry. I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry.

----------Dean's POV----------

Cas went to step into the Winchester house, but he was so drunk he wasn't prepared. He fell into Dean's arms.

"Cas! What did you do?" Dean said

"I- I was invited *hic* to a party!" Cas exclaimed "so I *hic* went and I had a f- few drinks *hic*"

"Well, why'd you come here? We aren't even friends anymore." Dean asked, slightly irritated, but clearly sad.

"Well I was uh... there and I *hic* was thinkin' about you a- *hic* and I thought 'ya know what? D- Dean is *hic* Dean is an ass... butt. And I should go and- and *hic* tell 'im that."

"An... assbutt?"

"Yup. Ass *hic* butt. And plus also our brothers are hav- *hic* having an intense *hic* cuddle session." Cas explained, giggling at the last part.

God, Dean thought Cas is so cute when he giggles- STOP. You're Dean friggin Winchester, #1 Ladies Man. "Wait, Sam and Gabe?"

"Um... Uh, yeah. Yeah. That- *hic* that ones."

"Okay mister. You're going up to my bed, and you're gonna go to sleep, and explain this in the morning."

"O- *hic* kay."

Dean grabbed Castiel's wrist, and was about to drag him upstairs, when Cas winced.

"Ow! *hic* My wrist!"

"What? I barely even touch-" Just then, something clicked is Dean's mind. He went to lift up Cas's sleeve.

"Hey! Don't *hic* do that!" Cas protested, trying to pull his arm away.

"Well too bad." Dean lifted up his sleeve the rest of the way, and saw the one thing he did not want to see. He saw scars. Old, new, and some that looked like they were from that day.

His mouth went dry. He couldn't process any thoughts. The only thing he could think was why on earth would this beautiful boy hurt himself, especially for this reason.

He lifted the other sleeve, and saw the same thing. He looked up to Castiel's face, and saw a look of... Guilt? Sorrow? Dean wasn't sure, but he knew it was something sad.

But the worst part was, the scars weren't just random lines. They all spelled out a word. The same word. Over and over and over. Etched into Castiel's skin. The one word that, if he could pick any word to not be on his wrist, this is, by far, the one he would pick.

Dean