Chapter 5

Dean's POV:

Dean wrote a letter to Cas nearly every week for the first few months, but he never sent them. Dean just couldn't work up the courage to do it. He always put them in a box, and never looked at them again.

They all said different things, but they all had the same idea:

Dear Castiel,
I'm sorry. I was scared. I didn't mean it. I didn't know how to react. Be my friend again. Please forgive me. Please.
-Dean

Castiel's POV

Towards the middle of freshman year, Cas got caught up with the wrong crowd. They convinced him to drink underage, and do drugs. His first piercing was the lip ring, followed by a tattoo on his lower neck. Nothing special, just a weird design.

His parents didn't care all that much about his tattoos and piercings, they were pretty laid back. Although Raphael had a few comments about all of if. However, if they ever found out that he drank and did drugs a lot, boy he'd be in for it.

He got the snake bites on his eyebrow during sophomore year. In his junior year, he got the large wing tattoo across his upper back and arms.

All his siblings (and his father) thought they were super cool. None of them would've ever been able to pull them off, which made them jealous.

His mother... Well, she just tried to stay out of it.

Even though they never talked anymore, Castiel's crush on Dean was getting bigger and bigger. Not being able to be with Dean, even as friends, let alone as a couple, made Castiel depressed. He started self-harming.