a night in!! levi x overworked barista reader

my original plan was to do a modern au where y/n is a barista and she meets levi at a cafe BUT my idea changed significantly because i wanted a super fluffy, lighthearted, tone. SOOOO here's this, i promise i will do a true cafe au in the future. (this one shot still takes place in a modern au tho)

word count: 1,832 words

y/n's pov:

it had been another long and stressful day.

for some reason, the cafe was jam-packed with customers and students cramming in studying. therefore, you had a ton of orders and a lot of cranky customers, and you were starting to get fed up.

"hey, can i get a..chocolate chip cookie? and a regular espresso too." a gruffer looking man had sauntered up to the counter. you noted the fact that he appeared to be a standard business man; button up shirt and tie, briefcase, and a short attitude.

you inhaled slowly mustering up your last ounce of patience. "i'm sorry sir, but we just sold the last chocolate chip cookie. we still have a couple brownies left though." the man simply rolled his eyes and sighed. "do i look like i want a brownie? what kind of cafe doesn't have chocolate chip cookies?" he grumbled.

you knew that technically as an employee you were supposed to be considerate and empathetic towards all of your clients, however you really were losing your cool. you started speaking in a clearly annoyed and frustrated tone;

"look sir. i've had a long day, and i'm really sorry that we don't have any more cookies, but there is a long line behind you so if you could please just-" right in the middle of you talking, you felt two firm hands grab your shoulders and yank you into the back room.

you turned angrily to see your co-worker hange eyeing you with concern. "f/n, you seem really..stressed out. is everything okay? you know you can talk to me." she said gently.

you sighed, and finally relaxed your shoulders a bit. "i'm sorry, i just..i've just had so much going on. between work, and school, and club meetings, i haven't even gotten to spend time with levi and he usually is the only person that can calm me down." you admitted. "i'm honestly just really exhausted mentally and physically."

hange gave you a sympathetic smile before rubbing her hands gently down your shoulders. "i got you covered okay? i'm gonna call levi to come pick you up, and i'll close up shop early so that you can get some rest." she said gently.

you smiled genuinely and hugged her eagerly. "thanks hange, i owe you one." hange just giggled a little before responding. "yeah, you owe me some levi babies so that i can be an aunt!" your eyes widened and your cheeks instantly became warm, but hange pushed you out the door before you could say anything in return.

—————————————————————————

you only had to wait a couple minutes before levi's familiar car pulled up in front of the now empty cafe.

you had just been doing some last minute sweeping and cleaning up when he honked the horn. "see ya hange!!" you called, and hurried out the door before she could mention levi babies again.

as soon as you sat down in the car, levi leaned over and gave you a short kiss.

"well hello to you too." you murmured with a smile, to which levi rolled his eyes. "what? i cant kiss my overworked amazing girlfriend?"

"aww, you really do care." you teased. levi scowled at you causing you to laugh a little to yourself as he started driving. "so what do you wanna do? we can go see a movie, go shopping, whatever you want." levi insisted.