18 - Broken Heart

Start from the beginning

End of Flashback

At the pawnshop, Mr Gold was swinging a sword when Alana walked in and the bell jingled.

"Hello, Dark One. Sorry the, uh, the shop's in a bit of a mess since you sent Merida here to kill Belle. Forgive me if I don't offer you tea. What can I do for you today? Because I assume this isn't just a social visit," Mr Gold said.

"I need help," Mr Gold looked at her, "To stop Emma, I need to get everyone's memories back, including my own," Alana said.

"And how do you plan on doing that?" Mr Gold asked.

Alana took a bottle out of her bottle, "Zelena and Emma used squid ink to immobilise me. There's still some left," Alana said.

"And you want me to use this on her during our duel," Mr Gold said.

"All I ask is that you last long enough to occupy her while I steal back the dreamcatcher," Alana said.

"Ah, yes. But for that... I don't need this. This..." Mr Gold took the bottle from her and walked to his safe, opening it up, "Is where that magic belongs," Mr Gold said as he put it inside.

"What are you doing? You can't beat Emma without it," Alana said.

"Miss Swan..." He looked at her, "Alana... Let me tell you something. Just like you turned Emma in the Dark One, for her safety... Emma has arranged a duel with me for your safety, because of everything I've done to you and your family. And as much you will hate me for saying this, but I will beat your sister, I'm gonna do it with honour. Like my children would want and I will," Mr Gold said as he started to walk to the door.

"You're on a suicide mission," Alana said as she turned to him.

Mr Gold scoffed at looked at her, "Oh, we'll see. But my stakes... Are me. Yours are far greater. Do you really think you can win on your own?" Mr Gold said.

"I know I can," Alana said.

Mr Gold laughed softly, "Here's the thing about confidence, Alana... It's great at starting a fight, not so great at finishing one. Good luck," Mr Gold said and walked out of the shop, leaving Alana to think about what he just said.

 Good luck," Mr Gold said and walked out of the shop, leaving Alana to think about what he just said

Alana snuck into the library and she hid behind a bookshelf as her family and friends were inside. She waited for a while until Henry, Neal and Killian walked past her.

"Guys," Alana said quietly.

"Mom. You escaped?" Henry said as they turned to her.

"And for good reason. I know how to figure this all out. I need your help. I need you three to trust me," Alana said.

"Lana...We told you..." Neal said.

"I know, I know and I heard you. I really heard you. I am not asking you to remove my cuff... In fact I quite like the vacation," Alana said.