𝐢𝐱. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

Start from the beginning

To Dad: Yeah I'm at the gym, I'll be there soon. Carl and I have karate later tho.

Dad to Isabelle: Well family is more important.

To Dad: Well I already paid now.

Dad to Isabelle: We can discuss this at home.

Stepping off the treadmill I wiped the sweat off of my face and the machine before showering. I gently turned the tap on as the hot water rushed out of the shower head. My bruises had almost faded on the ones surrounding me, yet the sight was ugly and made me look pathetic, weak and naïve. Which at this point maybe I was, maybe I needed a moment of truth or to assure myself the world will forgive me.

✦✦✦

"Mom I heard that dad was home but I need to go to kara-" I went to say before stepping into the living room. "te..." I finished my sentence to see my father a blubbering mess on the floor, a can in his hand yet an angered look on his face. "W-What happened?" I stuttered. "Where's Carl?" I asked again. "He's out with Miguel and Hawk, they're hanging out or whatever." He shrugged. "Well where's mom?" I questioned.

"Can you stop with all the questions!" Dad snapped as I walked up to the television and switched it off, "You are a crap dad you fucking tell me the truth! That's the least I deserve." I ordered somehow finding little confidence. "You're mother. The whore's gone and left." Lewis blankly informed me. "G-Gone?" I asked. "G-Gone? Yes fucking gone! She's gone to stay with her new best friend... Mike." He barked downing some beer. "Well I wonder why she left?" I scoffed under my breath as he got in my face after placing his can down.

He just got in my face and intimidated me, "Wanna repeat that girl?" He snarled as I looked up to him and felt like a small little girl again. "You heard me." I said in a whisper. "Sorry what was that I couldn't hear you. You wanna try that again?" My father growled, his breath stank of alcohol he clearly had been drinking all day and it was only noon. "No sir, but do you know when she's coming back? I mean... Carl and I-" I tried to say.

"You what?" He wondered. "We need our mom, dad. We've needed her since the day we were born, since you gave up. Since you took it out on us..." I whimpered to him. "So it's my fault she left is it? It's all yours and your brothers fault. If you both hadn't pressured her with your issues, if you..." He started to rant angrily. "If I hadn't been me, if I hadn't been the one you wanted to hurt and bully, If I hadn't been the one you chose to mock and berate." I tearfully said.

"But who ever wanted a bisexual, karate kid girl for a daughter hey? Who wanted that?" I croaked. "You realize everyday I look in the mirror and think, 'you deserved that, you answered back.' or 'you was daring to look at this really cute girl you liked.' 'You couldn't steal another pack Izzy so he had to hit you and prove you're worthless'." I spoke as tears fell down my face. "So sorry dad if I feel like I might need my mom." I scowled before running off to karate...

✦✦✦

I was hurt than mom had left but more that she'd never told Carl or me for that matter, I thought she loved us. "Hey did you here about-" I went to ask. "Yeah I know! I know he said before he went and got pissed." Carl sighed. "Let's just do the usual okay? Get through the day like-" I was attempting to say. "Like always. I know. He deserves this." Carl scowled. "No one deserves to be abandoned." I replied before we stepped into the dojo and joined my best friends as my grandfather spoke.