25 | The Jeon Twins

Zacznij od początku

"Ever seen that happen before?" Jungkook asked Hope, swiftly changing the subject.

Hope looked at him, his face suddenly sombre. "What Namjoon just did? No. Never. But then again, no ones ever tried to tell us what they remembered during the Changing. They always refuse. Joon tried to— must be why he went nuts for a while."

Jungkook paused in the middle of chewing. Could the people behind the maze control them somehow? It was a terrifying thought.

"We have to find Gally," Hope said through a bite of carrot, changing the subject again. "Bugger's gone off and hid somewhere. Soon as we're all done eating. I need to find him and throw his butt in the slammer."

"Seriously?" Amara scoffed in disbelief, surprised by the news— although she wouldn't say she was disappointed. She hoped Gally had disappeared and would never show his face ever again. It would make her, and she was sure a lot of others, the happiest person alive.

"That shank threatened to kill you both and we have to make bloody sure that doesn't happen. That shuck-face is gonna pay a heavy price for acting like that— he's lucky we don't banish him. Remember what I said about order." Hope said.

"Yeah," Jungkook breathed out heavily. If he heard someone remind him one more time of keeping the peace and order, he may just throw himself down the boxes hole. . . and not by accident. He wondered if Amara or anyone else felt the same as he did.

Amara frowned. "Why can't we just banish him? It'll make a lot of us happy." She suggested.

Jay stared at her

Jay stared at her. "Believe me, it would make us happy," he laughed. "But we can't just rid someone because we don't like them. It would send Hope's order way out of whack." He gestured with his hands for effect.

Amara rolled her eyes, but she knew that he was right. If they were to banish Gally, then everyone would be coming up to them and complaining about one another, hoping to get the other banished for something as simple as looking at them funny.

"Here's how it'll play out, Kookie," Hope grabbed the boy's attention. "You're with me the rest of today— we need to figure things out. Tonight, the Slammer. Then you're Jay's, and I want you to stay away from the other shanks, apart from us of course, for a while. Got it?" He asked him.

Jungkook was more than happy to oblige. Being left mostly alone sounded like a great idea. "Sounds beautiful," he smiled before clapping and rubbing his hands together. "So Jay's going to train me?"

Jay leaned over and slapped Jungkook's shoulder. "That's right— you're a runner now. I'll teach ya. The maze, the maps, everything. Lots to learn. I expect you to work your butt off, like my Amara did." He rubbed the girls head and she smiled proudly, frolicking in the attention.