Chapter 28: Arcade Avenue

En başından başla

Finally, my phone buzzes, and I open Tojuta's message.

Tojuta: Sure, I can come

Tojuta: Where are we going??

Luna's yet to respond with that information, so I open her contact just to be ready. After a second, a message pops up along with a location.

Luna: He's okay with it. So this is a small street in Hosu that opens once or twice a week. It's between a couple of conjoined buildings lined up with games and stuff, almost like a backstreet carnival. Sheru and I have already been down there, and we know some guys. You still good?

I tap the location and read on the pinpoint 'Arcade Avenue.' Hosu's not that hard to travel to and from, but I of course still have to check with Mom.

Me: I should be good. I'll double check. I'll tell the guys and let you know.

Luna: Great! See ya!

I go back to the +4.

Me: How does a backstreet arcade sound to everyone?

—————————————————————————————————————

After getting the okay from Mom and checking the subway lines, I find myself on the train for Hosu. It's about late eight, and the sun's already set. I stare out the window and watch the posts rush past. Finally, the train screeches to a stop, and I step off. Even though I just got a new one, I'm wearing my old jacket and throw on the hood.

I pull out my phone and follow the directions to this avenue. Once my blue arrow reaches the red destination mark, I turn it off and glance aimlessly at my surroundings. It's like one would expect any nighttime city street to look like, pretty bright and bustling with people. There's a handcrafted gateway at the entrance with an open fence on one side of the opening. Inside, are many different game booths and arcade machines lining the sides.

"Yurei!" I hear Tojuta call me once again and spot him with Luna, Phoenix, and Auxi. I start walking to join them as Luna's eyes widen as if realizing something.

"Oh! Oh, that-," she facepalms herself while Auxi starts cracking up.

"Told you so!"

"What?" I ask, wondering what's funny about my arrival.

"Nothing!" Auxi wheezes before checking her phone. "We're still waiting for Samae. He'll be here in a few."

"'Kay." I quickly shrug it off and look at Tojuta. "Dude, you okay? What happened back there in the mall?"

"Uh, I was just walking with Uraraka to find Midoriya, and we found him talking with some sketchy guy in a black hood. Midoriya said something like it was all fine, but it for real looked like the guy was casually choking him!"

"What?!"

"Oh, yeah, that's normal," Auxi jokes.

"Yeeeaah, that was a League of Villains member. The leader to be exact, according to Midoriya."

I blink as I process it all. These guys are just making me feel more and more sick every time I even hear about them.

I finally snap back to reality and shake my friend by his shoulders. "Are you sure you're okay?! Did they get him??"