45

Both of your hands can't seem to relax after receiving that call from Rukawa. You're trembling and shivering because you're nervous. Rukawa called you just to tell you to meet him on the half-court near your house. You figured it out that it was also the court where he and Mitsui played a while ago, eventually with Sendoh too.

All of a sudden, you ran outside with your mother's coat in your hands. You didn't even hesitate. But there's something you don't know. That your mother is already waiting for you to do that. She's already waiting for you to run away, she sighed before plastering a smile on her face. She leaned on the door as she watches you ran outside.

She never sees you run like that. And it's one of those things that she regretted in her life. She never sees how you grew up. And all of them, all of the mixed emotions started to build up inside of her. She was never there for you. Even on Holidays. Even in those days were she took leave from work. She would always push you to do the work, she never bonds with you.

Regrets.

Because she, herself only wants the best for you. To raise your standards, and to bring the best and not just the better of you.

She felt like combusting, upon seeing you running away from home, in broad daylight.

Running away from home is one of those things you never imagine, you would do. And in this kind of pace, where you only felt combusting because of your nervousness. With your longue clothes on, you shivered because of winter's madness. Why would Rukawa and Mitsui even play in this kind of weather?

"Hey."

His hair was disheveled, he looks relaxed which made you calm a bit. He didn't run on the way here, since you noticed his bike that was parked near the two of you. Rukawa gives you a strange look, he never expected that you'll run away on the way here. You're panting and definitely trembling. Confused, he took off his coat.

"I don't like the weather." You sighed.

It's snowing... yet it's broad daylight.

"I have something to tell you." Rukawa started. He made you sit on a bench near the huge fences of the half-court. "I'm sure you already know it by now."

"What exactly, did mom told you?" You asked him directly. "She told you to break up with me. For what sake? Did she even tell the reason why? I mean, she told me some things. But I don't believe you'd dropped me like that-"

"F/N. Calm down."

All of a sudden, Rukawa had his arms wrapped around you. He had never seen you like this before. Where your emotions are building up, and you seem so upset and frustrated at the same time. He knows you for always being calm, and for trying to comprehend the situation more than being frustrated.

Was that the effect he caused you?

Your eyes widened. "You never called me by my first name. I... I love it, but are you breaking up with me?"

Rukawa sighed as one of his hands starts to ruffle your hair. You always do that to him, and somehow he notices how he calm down. He realizes how the table turns, this is exactly how he would react if he's in the same situation.

"Do you want to run away?" You spoke again, totally losing your mind. Rukawa stayed silent, and you broke the tension by asking that. When you saw his confuse expression, you returned the hug, which made him yelp a bit because of how tight it is.

Rukawa's actually having fun.

"Why? I thought you want to run away with me?"

He squinted his eyes."You said it yourself, you can't always run away from the daylight."