24

[ third person's ]

"Eiji Sawakita? Who's that?" Sakuragi held his chin, bluffing at the air. Rukawa could only sigh with his idiocy. The five of you; you, together with Rukawa, Mitsui, Sakuragi, and Miyagi have decided to go out since Rukawa didn't have a choice. It should be just the two of you, but the three idiots tagged along.

"I know him." You replied catching their attention. "Aside from Ryonan, I planned to go to Sannoh for high school back then. So I came for entrance exams, but eventually, I got an offer from Shohoku."

"You did? Then why did you chose Shohoku instead of Sannoh? Or Ryonan?"

"It's because of that moron beside you." You sighed pointing to Mitsui. "It was fortunate to receive an offer from Shohoku because Mitsui has told me back then that he'll go to this school. So I did,"

"You followed him?" Rukawa asked beside you.

Your eyes went on Mitsui's, slightly giving him a look. Did you follow him? Of course, you did, but you stopped after your freshman years. Unfortunately, you had to focus on the other things surrounding you, and you can't let a simple distraction ruin your high school life.

"Not literally," You shrugged your shoulders. "Mitsui's not always present, and I had to take care of some things."

Rukawa still doesn't have any idea what's going on between the two of you, or what had happened in the past. But the way Mitsui and you looked into each other's eyes, it seems like you both overcome it. And you're also both over it. Which is at least very true.

"Going back to the topic, F/N-chan. How do you know Eiji Sawakita? It seems like you really know a lot of people." Miyagi has asked you.

"Well..." you started. "Eiji Sawakita is really popular since he's the best player of all time. And he's literally different in and outside the court. I've once seen him play, and he's super calm. But off-court, he's really playful and very intimidating. He's nicer inside the court, just to be honest."

"Are you two close?" His eyes were all on you, as Rukawa has asked that.

You shook your head. "Not really, we just happen to know each other. I know a lot of people actually, it just seems that I don't since I'm not very fond of socializing."

"That explains!" Sakuragi all of a sudden exclaimed. "But this Sawakita is he really great? I mean, greater than Rukawa? More useful?"

"Oh, so you found me great?"

"People do, and I don't!"

You laughed a bit when the two has started their bickerings. Sakuragi aggressively yelling and Rukawa who's calm while throwing his fired backs. It didn't help Mitsui and Miyagi get in between and eventually started a mess.

Hearing a chuckle behind you, you turn your back with the four of them to see who owns the chuckle. "What a chaotic group of losers."

"Se... SENDOH?"

"No, way!"

You immediately turn your back on Sendoh, as his eyes met yours. Fortunately, you never read the letter, maybe because the club became so busy these past few days and you don't have enough time to do anything else aside from managing and studying.

"Hi, L/N-san. When are we going out?"

Mitsui frowned, elbowing Miyagi beside him. "I almost forgot that he sent her a letter." Because everyone does. Except, him. Rukawa.