32

[ third person's ]

At exactly, 4 AM, you woke up. It felt like you didn't get any sleep at all. Ayako told you that the team would mostly take off from Kanagawa to the venue of the national tournament at around 7-8 AM, and it depends whether there are late players or not. Yesterday, you made a quiet decision. And you took Rukawa's advice.

You blinked your eyes for a couple of seconds before yawning and deciding to finally get up.

You quitted your club and passed a club application form yesterday to Ayako. At first, you were surprised with your actions too. But just like what Sendoh has smugly told you, "what's so bad about taking the risk?" You weren't sure if his words are really reliable. In fact, you are already ready to get scolded, after this. And you're prepared for a sneaking plan if ever they don't allow you to go.

For the first time in your mere existence, you're going to break the rules, that you've never done before. Waking up from your slumber, you headed to the shower first, and do your morning routine secretly. After that, you dressed up in your Shohoku gym clothes uniform. Your track pants partnering with a white tee.

You barely realized that Rukawa's Shohoku jacket is still with you. You sighed, folding the jacket and putting it inside your bag. Just like Ayako told you, you prepared a duffle bag, for your things to fit in. Including your first aid kit, and everything you've prepared for the team.

You looked at yourself in your full-body mirror, dressed up with the black and red linings track pants of Shohoku, a plain white shirt inside, with the team's jacket draped on your shoulders. You took a deep breath before sighing.

Deep inside you, you're already making fun of yourself, you're a fool for breaking the rules just now. It was exciting and nervously at the same time. But there's no story if there's no risk at all. All you have to do is to succeed in sneaking out, nor explain yourself if you got caught. Knowing your parents, you already know that they knew something more than you even know.

"I can do this shit." You stretched both arms in the air, before gripping on the strap of your duffle bag tightly. You don't usually curse and hissed at home, but this time it's different.

After preparing the things and your kinds of stuff inside your bag, you waited for a few minutes before sneaking. You were so quiet and at the same time gentle with your small steps as you walked downstairs. You inhaled sharply, it even felt like a crime. Wanting the things you can't have would always feel like this.

Growing up with a lot of pressure on your shoulder is hard. No matter how privileged you are just like what Haru says. It's hard to reach their expectations because as a person, you're not good at everything.

"I don't think, I gave you the permission to leave this house."

You stopped in your tracks, plastering a quite bitter smile. Your lips forms into a thin smile, after turning your head in the kitchen's direction. In there, your mother is currently having an early tea all by herself, with her eyes knitted and obvious anger about your actions.

You sighed before taking a deep breath and sighing again, this time you made sure that it's loud and your mother could hear it clearly from the tiny distance.

[ time skip ]

Rukawa was half-asleep as he walks to the train station, it didn't help that he couldn't ride his bike on the way, since the tournament's venue is far. Their first match will be against Toyotama And he already expected things. He knew about this team in Osaka, the qualifiers, the team Toyotama. Who's known for being physically active inside the game.