four

Chapter 4 : first person pov. edited 2nd of November, 2021.

As much as I want to keep my distance from those basketball players, I barely realized that I'm friends with the team's captain, Akagi-san. I sighed before walking past the basketball gym kicking a small rock. I went on my way towards our clubroom to busy myself with paperwork.

I couldn't stand straight without doing anything. I felt like I'm obligated to do something whenever I'm free or having alone time with myself, or even when I'm resting. I didn't even think I deserve to rest without being assured of the things surrounding me.

We had an early dismissal after a quiz that I finished quickly. When I went to the clubroom, Kimura-san told me that I have nothing else to do since we literally had nothing to report since no one's still asking for help in our club. While walking onto the dark alleys of Shohoku, I saw Youhei-kun with his other friends, it looks like they are having a conversation with a certain brown-haired guy. The guy looks familiar because of his hair.

"Don't take it seriously." I heard Youhei say,

I was right. I took a step towards a spot where I could see the guy's face clearly. It was Ryota Miyagi. Another basketball player. I sighed. I was about to return on my way when I bumped into Sakuragi-kun.

"(l/n)-chan!? You just bumped into a basketball genius!" He yelled.

I laughed. "Sure. Why don't you go towards Youhei-kun's direction, Sakuragi?" I pointed to Youhei-kun.

"It seems like there's a little commotion there. You might as well help your friend."

"Oh? Ayako-san?"

I made a confused expression. "Ayako-san? Who's that-"

"I will go there, L/N-chan. You're lucky to see a basketball genius, you know!" The red-haired cheered and yelled cheekily making me laugh in unison.

"Alright then," I nodded and watched him walk beside the girl he called 'Ayako'. If I'm not wrong I believe she's the manager of the club, who wears a cap every time. It's unusual for me to see her in her uniform though.

When I realized that I really have nothing to do anymore, I bid goodbye to Kimura-san and went home afterwards.

"(y/n), you seem early?" My father asked me, while I'm in front of our door taking off my shoes.

"We had an early dismissal, I'll go to my room and study," I said straightly.

"Alright, I'll have your mother send you some snacks. Do well,"

I just nodded and went upstairs. When I arrived at my room, I quickly took a half-bath, changing into my casual clothes. And study afterward. The day ended with me, asleep on my desk because of studying. It's almost midnight when I figured it out, so I went towards my bed to continue sleeping.

My days went fast like that.

_

I was about to go when I felt a huge force grab my wrist. My eyes widened, I turned my back to face it. It's the guy who's always seen with Mitsui these days!

"W-What do you need?" I stuttered a bit. I gulped looking at his features. His grip on me loosens a bit. He's wearing a red tank top, and there were already several guys surrounding me. My eyes lowered and glanced at the familiar someone behind the one who's holding me.

When our eyes met, his hand immediately flew to the guy's shoulder.

"Don't involve her, she probably doesn't know it."

"But I haven't asked her yet," the guy who's holding me responds. "Do you know where the basketball gym is?"

"I-I..." I stuttered, not sure of telling him. I don't know what to risk this time. He looks really scary and I'm afraid he'll break my arm at any minute.

"Let go of her and bother someone else," Mitsui stated firmly, holding the guy's arm. I can see the veins from his wrist.

I blinked twice.

"What? What's wrong with you? Do you know her?"

Mitsui stared at me hesitantly. "No," he said, looking down, shaking his head. That's when the guy finally let me go. I ran towards the building to get away from them.

I felt a tugged on my heart, a cold and strange feeling filled me. Maybe, I should stop hoping already.

I don't know you either.

You're not Mitsui, the Mitsui that I know.