35

A DAY BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT
Spiritual Training Part 2

your pov

This is the first time that I did something wrong but feels so damn right. I sat there and stay still, glancing at Rukawa every second. Afraid that I might wake him up. Why did I even think of kissing him in the first place? I want to get rid of these feelings, but somehow I also want to consider it.

Minutes had passed, and Rukawa remained holding my hand that was placed on his forehead. I glanced at my wristwatch, it's nearly dinner time. And Sakuragi-kun hasn't returned yet, the dinner is the main reason why I'm actually here. Sooner, I have to wake up this moron beside me. Since I've been here for almost twenty minutes, I can feel my legs trembling already. I've been sitting here for more than twenty minutes and I've been itching to stand already.

"Why did you have to look so peaceful while sleeping?" I asked sighing. I'm torn between waking him up for dinner or just letting him get the sleep he wants. I just can't believe it, Rukawa is sleep-deprived?

Has he been thinking a lot lately? I wonder why? It's unusual because I know that he is the kind of person who'll choose sleep instead of bothering himself with something that will make him overthink. Rukawa only overthinks about basketball, and sometimes this moron doesn't even use his head that much.

I don't want to wake him up, but it was a sudden surprise when Ayako-san has opened the door, which made me regret all of my decisions, immediately. Her eyes widened, keeping Miyagi-san out of the room behind her.

"Oi, Ayako, who's-"

Ayako-san hushed him. I almost facepalm myself when Miyagi-san just won't give up. "Shh. Go ahead, just do what I said Ryouta."

She has a smirk now plastered on her face, she glances at my hand that was entwined with Rukawa, she lets out a small whistle, chuckling to herself.

She laughs softly, and quiet enough. "Just, oh my God." She exclaimed, making me roll my eyes. "You better wake your rookie up, since it's already time for dinner. And if you don't want other people entering the room, and misunderstanding some things." That was all she said before I hear her giggles, leaving me with Rukawa inside the room again.

I sighed. I'm still lucky, it's Ayako-san. Aside from Akari, she's one of those prominent people that already have a huge part in my life. This is why I didn't regret quitting my club, for the basketball club. I saw how she really wants to strengthen Shohoku, together with my other upperclassmen.

When she left the room, I tried to pull my hand away from Rukawa. But he wouldn't just let it go. It looks like he's persistent to keep it this way. I took a deep breath, before sighing softly. I tried to pull it again, this time with the help of my other hand. But again, it didn't succeed.

My other hand went to poke Rukawa's cheeks for a couple of seconds.

"It's dinner time, c'mon. You need to eat, and then take a shower, after that you can continue sleeping again. But maybe take a walk before going back to bed," I said that while trying to convince him to get out of his futon.

No response. As usual.

"Smh. Rukawa, wake up moron. Or I'm going to leave you here alone, just like what I suppose to do at the train station a while ago." I rolled my eyes.

When Rukawa shifted in his sleep, his eyes slowly wake up, but his hand never let go of mine. Just when I thought that he'll finally wake up this time, what he did next surprises me, he shifted on his sleeping position, and he made my hand his pillow, now I can feel his warm cheeks on my palm.