37

[ yn's pov ]

Anzai-sensei decided to sub in Yasuda-san on the game, and sub out Sakuragi-kun who's currently in a rage because of Toyotama's plays. I heard Anzai-sensei instructed Yasuda-san to slow the pace of the game and use the tactics they learned from their training. Sakuragi-kun sat on the bench beside me. I can never look at the game. But somehow, when Yasuda-san changed the flow of the game, Akagi-san on his best shape scored a row of two dunks.

That's when I saw how Toyotama tightened their defense. Normally, they would do that, but most of them are focus on Mitsui since he's our center and he has great outside shooting skills.

But they're forgetting about someone. In a flash Rukawa suddenly has the ball, which was passed by Akagi-san, Minami hesitated and he wasn't able to catch up with Rukawa. Rukawa drove past him, he went for a jump shot and he did it beautifully. He nailed it. The whole gym was filled with a lot of voices, murmurs, and whispers about his play. Even, Anzai-sensei and Ayako-san beside me were in awe. Because after all this time, even me, I'm still in shock whenever Rukawa drives a quick play, earning the momentum.

"He did it again..." I muttered out of nowhere after Rukawa made it a shot again. This time a three-pointer. Anzai-sensei beside me chuckled at my amused expression.

"It's impossible for you to excel him before graduation, Sakuragi." I heard Anzai-sensei said.

"Hm!" Ayako-san cooed seconding the statement. My brows rose for a bit. "Before Rukawa even entered Middle school, he already plays. Very well!"

I felt bad. I can't say something about it towards Sakuragi-kun. But the shock was written all over me when he just nodded saying, "I know that." It made me realize how much he improves with Rukawa these past few months. And he's a rookie too, unlike Rukawa who already plays even before middle school.

I was distracted when all of a sudden the referee called for a foul. My eyes widened when I saw Rukawa on the floor, and our players staring at Minami.

"You did that on purpose bastard! You can't escape Sakuragi's eyes!" Before I even know what happened, I came to attend Rukawa on the center of the court and instructing Akagi-san to take over Sakuragi.

"You can't do that! Or else they'll force you out of this game!" I hear Akagi-san.

Minami elbowed Rukawa on the right eye. I glanced at Minami, after helping Rukawa to stand up from laying on the gym's floor. "You're living upon your name. That's so might of you, Minami." After I said that, I called for Mitsui's help to send Rukawa to the bench, but when he arrived on the bench, Rukawa became unconscious.

"L/N-san! I already called for the stretcher, if you would, please go inside the clinic with Rukawa!"

"I will!" I exclaimed, watching Rukawa closely as some of the helpers put him on the stretcher. I grabbed my duffel bag and went outside the gym. We went ahead to the clinic, which's near our locker room. "Thank you, I'll handle all of it here for now," I said bowing at the helpers after they place Rukawa on the bed.

"Are you sure? Don't you need any help?"

"I'm sure," I smiled. "I'm their medical-based manager, and I already know about this stuff. Thank you,"

When they exited the room, I immediately look at Rukawa's eyes. His right eye was swollen, and I'm afraid that it won't be cured easily, and even today. He might not be able to use his right eye inside the game, and I'm sure that he won't let himself be a bench, knowing how stubborn he is. I went for the aid, placing a cold compress on his right eye. The coldness of the ice wakes him up. I brushed his fringes up, using my other hand, placing it on his forehead.