Chapter 26: Now, To the Market! (3)

Začať od začiatku

"Guha! That was dangerous, you're way too cute!"

...Lina-san, I think you're the dangerous one here.

"Don't worry about it. Lina has always liked cute things."

Fina-san, who was behind me, said so.

"I was surprised too. Marina-chan, you look so pretty."

"Um... thank you?

I've been wearing a plain dress before now, so it might've given me a different impression, but isn't this too much?

"And this also fits you."

Oh, Fina-san was also picking out an outfit. She chose a khaki-colored long sleeved dress with a black skirt. There should be a name for the first type of dress, but I'm not really into fashion so I don't know!

"Okay, I'll try this on too."

I closed the curtain and changed into the clothes that Fina had brought to me.

"I've changed... but I still don't know what I look like."

I really do need a mirror.

<I'm sure you'll be able to make a simple mirror with earth magic.>

Seriously? Isn't earth magic too convenient? But is it okay to do that in the store?

<I'm sure you'll be able to figure out how to do it.>

If I do it here, it can't be a full-length mirror. But I want to see how I look in my clothes, so a hand mirror isn't quite right...

"Are you done?"

"Yes."

I'll make a mirror another time. I opened the curtain and presented myself to Fina-san. By the way, Lina-san is still in agony.

"Un... you're so cute."

"Thank you very much."

Right, that's what people usually say.

"Then I'll buy these."

"Yes, you should."

I changed back into my own dress, then took the new clothes to the counter near the entrance of the store. But I can't reach it with my current height...

"I got it."

"Oh. Thank you very much, here."

I asked Fina-san to put them on the counter.

"The total will be two thousand lithia~"

The clerk sure has a peculiar way of speaking*

*I don't really know how to convert the clerk's way of speaking into English, but she stretches the vowels at the end of her sentences. By end, I mean the desu, masu, ne, etc.

"Can I pay with a card?"

"Then put it here, please~"

I put the card on the crystal and paid.

"Thank you very much~ Would you like a bag?"

"No, thank you."

I put all the clothes on the counter into my inventory.

"You have storage~? Then the counter might as well have been nonexistent~"

"What do you mean?"

"Having a counter at the entrance is a deterrent to shoplifting~"

I see. That's why there's a counter here. And the reason why it's meaningless is because if the clothes are stored inside the inventory, you won't be able to see them.

"Oh, that's right. Can you make me some comfortable clothes?"

"You mean tailoring~?"

"Yes, please."

"All right, then~. Follow me~."

I was led to a door at the back of the store.

"I'll take your measurements in here."

Then she opened the door. The inside of the shop was surprisingly spacious, and there were many rolls of cloth laying around.

"Wow!"

I couldn't help but exclaim in admiration.

"Then I'll start measuring~"

With a measuring tape in hand, she quickly measured my body. As expected of a real workman!

"Fumufumu. I get the gist of it~. So, when you say comfortable clothes, do you mean something like trousers~?"

"Yes"

"I understand~ It will be ready around tomorrow morning~"

It'll be done sooner than I thought.

"How much will it cost?"

"That can wait until it's done~"

"I understand. Please take care of it."

"Yes, I'll do my best~"

It's a dumb reply, but I think I can trust her work because she was professional when measuring me.

"Thank you for coming~"

The clerk bowed politely and sent me off.

"Oh my God! When did you finish?!"

Lina-san was a little angry. But I thought it would have been better not to wake her up. Fina-san seemed to agree and didn't say anything either.

"Oh my God! So? Did you get good ones?"

You change your mind quite fast.

"Yes, I bought them. I also ordered some some clothes tailored specifically for me. It'll be ready tomorrow."

"Okay, next...

*Guuuuuu!*

Suddenly, someone's stomach rumbled, interrupting Lina-san. I'm not going to say who.

"Fufufu, let's have lunch then."

"Y- yes!"

Now then, I wonder how good today's lunch will be. Eh? No, no, my stomach's been quiet this whole time