Chapter 47 - Reunited (Mature)

Start from the beginning

We reminisced a little about our teenage years and the boys we crushed on then as we watched the beautiful sunrise. The birds were singing and there was a light fog on the grass as the dew lifted. The cool air was refreshing, though short-lived. It was summer in the South. The heat and humidity were coming. It wasn't too different than Korea in summer, so at least I was acclimated to it.

It was time for the kids to get up, so I went to get Tori and Nikki went to get Bobby. Tori was easy to get up since she was happy to see me and wanted to spend time with me. Bobby, on the other hand, was a 16-year-old boy. You could play a trumpet in his face and he would barely stir.

After the kids got off to school and I had my morning call with Minhyuk, Nikki and I started getting ready. We went to our favorite little café for breakfast and then headed to meet with the artist. Nikki dropped me and went to run an errand, while I took my time looking at his works and discussing the exhibition. I got all the details I needed and made some arrangements, then Nikki picked me up about an hour and a half later and took me to the gallery. Jisung was there, directing the workers where to hang a giant painting.

"A little to the left," I said from behind him. He hadn't heard me come in, so he was surprised to hear my voice. His smile grew when he turned and saw me there.

"Sunny! You look amazing!" He hugged me then pulled back to look at me. "Wow, married life really agrees with you." I laughed.

"Minhyuk. It is all Minhyuk."

We walked through the gallery and he showed me the newest exhibits and showed me the storage area where he had been gathering pieces for our annual Autumn Showcase. It featured local artists mostly, but there were some from across the country as well. It was an event we had held since I came onboard and I was coming back for it in a few weeks. We always had a fundraiser tied to it.

Nikki showed up about an hour later to get me. We went for lunch and she surprised me with a trip to the nail salon. I usually did my own nails at home, nothing fancy... just natural or maybe a little color if I was in the mood, but it was nice to be pampered with a manicure and pedicure.

I had tried to schedule all my annual check-ups for this trip since I had not found replacements yet In Korea. It is hard to make the change to new doctors, dentist, and hairdresser. I had been going to Min's stylist, and that was working out pretty well, but I needed my teeth, eyes, and body checked out. I had a dental cleaning and check-up as well as my annual physical scheduled for the next day. My OB/GYN and mammogram for the day after. Those appointments were harder to come by.

We picked up Tori from school, but Bobby was staying after for band practice. His friend's mom was going to drop him at home when they were done. We took Tori to the ice rink so she could practice her routine. She warmed up off the ice with some Hapkido moves. Her high kicks were impressive. I was excited to see her skate routine.

I could not keep my mouth closed while watching that girl perform. She was amazing! Her movements were fluid, graceful, and powerful. The way she could steady herself on the blade to execute a high kick and then basically go right into a salchow jump was mind-blowing. She really did not seem like an amateur at all. She had been on the ice since she was 5 and she was passionate about skating. I had no doubt that she was going to kill it at the competition. No doubt at all.

A small crowd was gathering as she skated. She was so focused on her body and the ice that she didn't even notice them. When she was finished, they applauded. She was startled and turned to them with a huge smile and bowed politely. Yes, no doubt in my mind.

After she finished, we headed over to SeoYeon's coffee shop. She ran to me squealing as soon as she spotted me. There were several guests seated inside and they all looked at her as she flew past them. We spun and bounced in an embrace, right in the middle of the place. She made us each our favorite bubble tea and we sat down together under a large, signed poster of Monsta X to catch up.