Chapter Eighteen

Eighteen

"Okay, don't worry too much" he rubbed his hands up and down her arms to comfort her. She didn't need it though.

"Go!" She ordered. 

He scurried off.

Efe left and went back to the site. It was already being sealed off but she knew he was still there. She went into the building where she saw him earlier and there he was. 

Waiting for her on the sixth floor.

"David?" She called his name not sure of what she was seeing. "Is that you David?"

"Impressive. How do you know my name? What organization do you work for? Why was I sent to bring in your head?" The boy too, was looking for answers. Whatever he heard her call him before paused his mother's control.

"What are you talking about? Did she send you here to kill me?" Efe realized what he just said. 

"Answer me and do not think of lying. I know not to believe you witch!" He stood confidently and oddly clean despite the dust, in his all black combat gear. 

"You don't know who I am, do you?" Her shoulders slumped. 'That explains why he attacked me' Efe thought.

"I wouldn't be asking you that question if I did, now would I?" His accent rang in the air.

"What pills did she give you? Is it the '4GFN'?? Don't take them! They are to take away your memories, so you wouldn't know the truth" Efe remembered, trying to explain.

"Interesting, how do you know what medication I take? Your source must be really good at their job." He paced in a line. "Tell me who they are and I will guarantee you a quick death" he offered generously, in his own opinion.

"I don't have any source. I know this because they did the same thing to me. I found out and now they want to get rid of me by using the one thing I care about, which is you by the way, to silence me" Efe tried some more but it was like pouring water on a gravel. Nothing was sinking in.

"You expect me to believe you?" David stood his ground. His eyes narrowed.

"Ask me anything about you or her and I'll answer it. If I answer correctly you believe me and if I don't you get to kill me as slowly as you want" Efe was hell bent on making her brother see the truth. She wasn't ready to die though, that was all talk.

"I know you have a very up to date and reliable source so why should I waste my time on you?" He couldn't understand what was wrong with that situation and he didn't want to know. He's job was to kill not question, as mother always told him.

"Ndi David ama esifọn ido?" Was David always this daft?

When Efe saw she couldn't talk him through, a plan forged in her head. 

She ran quickly to his right side throwing knives after knives at him with her powers, which he dodged but was distracted by. She got close to hit him but he blocked her and punched her side. She recovered swiftly and lunged for him again, managing to hit him square in the jaw. Then Efe took the opportunity to hit him some more on his temple before standing back.

"I don't want to hurt you" 

'I just need you to black out'

"But..." David spat blood "I want to harm you!" He shot her a bloody smile. He stood straight up, folding his arms at his back. Efe watched as his eyes turned completely red like hers do, broken blocks and planks rushed underneath him to create a smaller ground which he stood on. It lifted off the ground.