Chapter Fourteen

Fourteen

"Close your eyes and count to ten"

"One... Two... Three... Four..."

"Five..."

"Six..."

"Seven..."

"Eight..."

"Nine..."

"Ten!"

She woke up!

"Dad does have an empty warehouse outside abraka here, maybe we could go there to help you practice" Mide chirped in, enjoying the idea of training a superhero. More like making one.

Efe was way way far from being a superhero, if anything, she just wasn't a villain.

"Well I guess that could work, but we will need some gear, weights and stuff" Ayo threw in his thoughts too. Efe just sat and watched them plan out her schedule for the next few weeks.

'I hope you're happy' she thought to the aura Efe.

"I'll make a call to have gyming equipments transferred to the warehouse this afternoon. It's only eleven so everything should be set by evening and then tomorrow we can begin to see how much of a hero we can turn you into" Ayo smirked then left to make the call.

Just as he walked out of sight, Mide began coughing uncontrollably, his face was scrunched up in discomfort as he left the dining area with a handkerchief covering his mouth. The unmistakable smell of iron filled Efe's nostrils for about a second or two before it was gone, he walked to the sink in the kitchen where he rinsed his mouth after coughing and threw his handkerchief in the dustin. Efe could see him from where she sat at the dining because there was no wall separating the two spaces. 

"You good?" Efe asked when he took his seat beside her again.

"Yeah, its probably because I'm cold, I left the AC on all night" He smiled widely.

"Oh okay, goan wear sweater I don't want you to get sick before I start kicking your ass tomorrow" Efe laughed along with Mide.

"Ah, so you've already started planning me? Baba orun gba mi Every plan of the enemy shall not work against me" he prayed. 

"Ni oruko jesu amin ohh" Ayo called from behind Mide. 

"They don't rent out the equipment so I had to buy all of the things I think we'll need" Ayo casually said. Efe's jaw hit the ground.

Translation:

Mide: "Father in heaven save me Every plan of the enemy shall not work against me"

Ayo: "In Jesus name Amen oh"

"Wait oh! Who are you guys? And how rich are you?" Efe just noticed she didn't know anything about their parents except for the fact that their mother frowned upon watching home videos. Efe reminisced about the first time she met Ayo.

"Well Dad is a senator and Mom has her own brand and company. She just released her pre independence clothing line and she imports stuff all around the world" Ayo answered quickly.

"Wow!" She exclaimed "What's the name of her brand? Is it really popular?" 

"I don't think so" Ayo thought for a while

"It's called A&M's. Have you heard of it?" Mide completed. If you think Efe's jaw hit the floor before, this time, it went down to hell and then came back up.

"Are you freaking kidding me? You're asking if I know A&M's? It's like the Fashionnova, Gucci, Chanel and Louis Vuitton of Nigeria. Everyone buys their things and by everyone I mean everybody. Nobody wears fakes of A&M's oh! Wow!!" Efe fell back into her seat, she recollected memories of little discussions she had and gossips she heard from training nurses, corpers and female doctors. "They even have the hottest male models in most parts of Africa. I was thinking of modeling for them but na circumstance dey bend crayfish" Ayo and Mide burst out laughing at her proverb.

"That was really stupid" She laughed too "I don't know why I said it. It doesn't even relate" They laughed hard. When the laughter died down something occurred to Efe.

"So you mean your mom is The 'Candice  Adekola' and you guys are Ayo and Mide Adekola and your dad is Senator John O. Adekola!" Efe stood from her chair. It was too mind blowing to comprehend while sitting down. 

"Yeah well when you put it like that you make us seem famous or something" Ayo frowned, he didn't like being associated with his parents wealth. He had already made a name for himself at a young age but to everyone else he was always going to be known as an Adekola. Things were  hard for the twins while growing up under their parents' shadow. Everything they ever did was criticized and they were always compared to their parents. 

"You guys are like the Kardashians of Nigeria without the reality tv shows and yada. Of course you're famous. Well, name wise" She sat down back noticing but ignoring their discomfort at her knowledge.

"Yup" Mide threw some popcorn in his mouth from a bowl in front of him, Only God knows where he got it from.

"No wonder you guys are hiding out here" Efe smiled sadly. "I know I wouldn't want that kind of attention. The weight of all that would be enough to crush my shoulders" She recalled how responsible she felt for her brother, it was weighty. Talk less of carrying a name that almost everybody in Nigeria calls when talking about clothes.

"How so?"

"You should know" Efe got up and went back into her new room to take her bath before they had to go shopping for her. 

She had been wearing Ayo's clothes for days now and it was starting to become a bad habit for her.

"LAZY BOYS GO AND TAKE YOUR BATHS REMEMBER WE HAVE TO GO SHOPPING OOOHHH!!" She scream-yelled from her room.

"Yes mommy" Mide yelled back and Ayo tried to hold back his laughter.

An hour later, they were in Abraka shopping mall. Ayo drove while Mide and Efe quarreled about which character in SpongeBob was the best. Sqiudward was the best in Mide's eyes, Ayo adore Plankton's commitment to getting what he wanted (..boring ×_×) and Efe confessed she had a thing for Mr Eugene Crabs.

They went into almost every store in the building including an A&M's store that happened to be there. 

Mide kept putting thongs into her cart and Ayo kept whining about how he would never take both of them shopping again because they kept embarrassing him. Later on he proceeded to dare Efe and Mide to do stupid things. 

Mide was told to wear a thong on top of his trouser and twerk for a female worker for ten thousand naira.

Yup, he did it!

Efe was dared to give a lap dance to a random dude at the eatery.

She didn't by the way. They had to explain to her what it was, by they I mean Mide. 

Ayo too, was dared to bark like a dog for a whole minute at the little kids in the arcade section because he could answer a riddle Efe asked him.

All in all, their day turned out to be a blast, the time ran quickly and they got home around Ten in the evening. They already ate at Dominos earlier so everyone just separated to their rooms to sleep, leaving all the shopping bags on the ground in the parlor to be sorted out in the morning.