Chapter Thirty Six

Thirty Six

A/N: The reason for disappointing yesterday is like I said in that creepy a/n.
I'm not dead, so, if you know you know.

Previously:
"Hey Tosin, that's a lot of blood"

"That is not good"

DAVID'S POV

'Oouuu' I sucked in a sharp breath. I felt like my binding on my broken bones had come off. It hurt like hell. 'Why did that officer have to hit my head?' The back of my head screamed in agony or was that me? I don't know how long it has been since that night. I woke up at some point to Tosin and Efe panicking, then some other time they were with a lot of people. Efe sounded sad amidst the other muffled voices. Her hand clasped my shoulder then she let it go as the strangers took me away from her. 

"Let her stay.." I managed to squeeze the words out, that just worsened the headache a million times over. 

"Stay down and stop talking. You are losing a lot of blood" A female voice spoke.

'Was i moving?' It didn't feel like I was moving. 'Efe..' I tried calling out but I was drawn back into blank dreams. 

I remembered the smell drugs at the back of my mind as I took in the air. 

C l u n k!! 

Is that a tray? Metals.. Drugs.. 

Hospital!

I'm in a hospital.

"I'm applying the anesthesia.." The voice was drowned in more darkness.

EFE

"Sitting here is stupid! I should be in there with him" Efe kicked the wall. Her hoodie was tied around her waist as she paced around in a white turtleneck sleeveless top.

"You should stop walking around, you're making me nervous" Tosin yawned.

"I should go in there.." Totally ignoring him, she said.

"Are you sure you want to be in a room full of doctors cutting into your little brother? I'd allow you to go in but I know you will rip someone's head off if I do" Tosin laughed, patting the leather seats in the VIP waiting room "Have a sit." Reluctantly, she complied. Her fingers twisted around each other as she tapped her foot on the marble looking tiles. This motion didn't go unnoticed by Tosin.

"Do something to calm yourself. Try Yoga.. There is enough space here" He motioned around with his eyes closed. He rested his back.

"No thank you. Tell me about yourself" Efe blurted.

"Hmm Why?" Tosin's eyes slowly opened.

"Please I'm doing everything I can to not go in there. I need to hear something I can concentrate on" Her eyes pleaded.

"Uh.. Okay" He cleared his throat and closed his eyes again; as if to sleep. A moment passed by before he spoke "I was born in Ibadan. I'm not going into details because you won't know what I'm talking about. No offense."

"Some taken.. Continue" 

He chuckled "Anyway.. I have two brothers; Adebayo and Afolabi and three sisters; Temitope, Oladipo and Kay, it's short for Kikelomo. My parents are alive and well and they are all living comfortably in Ibadan."

"Why do you sound sad about that? Do you not like to talk about your family?" Suddenly intrigued, Efe questioned.

"It's complicated. So I cannot give a yes or no answer."