4. Choco ice cream it is

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, let's go home" Louis nodded.

He stood up and lifted Matty from his chair and he put him down, and gathered both cups and the napkins they used and threw them away in the bin that was near the counter.

"Come on Matty" Louis said outstretching his hand for him to hold.

"Papa up pwease" Matty said lifting both his arms up.

"Okay baby" Louis bent down and lifted him up "Are you feeling okay, Matty?".

Matty nodded and curled up in Louis chest, who started walking back home. Louis didn't know if Matty was really feeling okay, the last time he asked to go home he had been covered in bruises, and apparently for the little boy, by asking that he was saying that something was wrong. But maybe it didn't mean that all the time, or did it? It was confusing really.

When they got home Matty had fallen asleep in Louis's arms, so he took him to his (Louis's) room, he laid him down on the left side of the bed, took his shoes off and covered him with his baby blanket, which he loved.

Then Louis sat down next to him with his laptop and started doing some work, he needed a distraction, he didn't want to think about Matty being sick or about the blood tests.

He worked for an hour, maybe more and in all that time Matty slept next to him, rolling around in his sleep a little, but never waking up.

At around 2, Louis heard the front door opening, it was Matty's nanny, she always arrived at that time on weekdays. Every morning, Louis took Matty to daycare and went to work, then at 1 he left work, picked up Matty from daycare, they ate lunch out or in the flat, and then Matty stayed with his nanny in the afternoon until Louis arrived home.

That schedule sometimes changed when Louis had an event in the middle of the week, but he always made sure he spent time with Matty every day.

"Louis? Matty?" the nanny called.

She probably thought no one was home, so Louis stood up from the bed without waking up Matty and walked to the entrance of the flat. At first Matty's nanny had insisted on calling Louis 'Mr. Tomlinson', but Louis felt more comfortable with her calling him by his first name, after all, she was only two years younger than Louis. She was a great nanny, she cooked, she knew CPR, she didn't mind working on weekends which were the days Louis was more busy, and what was more important, she really cared for Matty, and Matty like her a lot.

"Hey Eleanor" Louis greeted when she saw her taking off her jacket.

"Hey, why is everything so quiet?" she asked confused "Is Matty napping already?".

Usually Matty's nap was at 3, so at the time Eleanor arrived he was usually wide awake and making noise somewhere.

"Yeah, he fell asleep a few hours ago" Louis said.

"He's so sleepy lately" Eleanor frowned.

"Yeah, I uhm, took him to the doctor today" Louis sighed.

"Is everything okay with him?" she asked worried.

"There's definitely something wrong with him, but we don't know what it is yet" replied Louis.

"But it's nothing serious, right?".

"I hope not, but it could be" Louis answered.

"I'm sure he'll be fine, don't worry. I just saw him two days ago and he was fine, just a bit sleepy" Eleanor brushed off.

"Things have kind of changed a bit in the last 2 days El" he said.

"What do you mean?".

And so Louis told her about the bruises, the lymph nodes and how Matty was looking very pale and that they were waiting for the lab results to know what they were dealing with, but that he was trying his best to be optimistic about it.