~ Chapter Sixteen ~

~{Izuku's POV}~

I read and read and read the message, and still couldn't believe it was real. It couldn't possibly have been him the entire time, apparently Shouto was right. 

I get out of my seat and run outside. I'll tell Shouto in a second, I just need some time to process this. 

How could someone be so evil? To kill someone over jealousy and ruin someone's life?

I take a deep breath in and out. I try to calm down, but it's hard too, especially when you just found out who your mom's murderer is. 

I start to tear up, as usual. But soon enough, the tears start flowing, and flowing, and flowing. Shouto notices me crying from outside and comes to check up on me.

"Izuku, what's wrong?" He says in a caring voice. Yeah, I'm way too lucky to have him.

"M-M-My.." I say, having a complete breakdown. I hand Shouto my phone, so that way he can see the message I got.

Shouto reads the message, and then looks up with an angry facial expression. "Revenge is on it's way.... bye Father." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shouto and I rush to the police station. I felt bad we didn't tell Rei yet, but we had to get there fast.

"Hello, Midoriya and Todoroki here. Where is detective room number 235?" I say. 

"Right down is way." The person at the front tells us.

We walk down the hallway calmly. I'm glad we are able to finally arrest Endeavor, but something doesn't add up. Why would my boyfriend's dad kill my mom? I knew he didn't want Shouto to be happy, but that still doesn't make sense. Thank god Shouto doesn't live with him anymore. 

He takes a knock on the door, and says, "Are you ready?"

"Yes." I reply, more scared than usual.

One of the detectives opens the door, and leads us inside. I shed a tear, hoping no one will notice. As expected, Shouto sees and grasps into my hand. He wipes my tear, and we sit down on the couch inside of the room.

"I assume you saw my message about the crime. We should have him jailed soon. Isn't he your son?" The investigator says.

"Yes, luckily I don't live with him anymore. I was only born so I could become a rich and successful business man, then he would take a money. He's never considered what I actually want to do in life." Shouto says.

"I apologize, has he tried to get in contact with you since you moved out?"

"I have his number blocked, so I'm not sure. Fortunately, he doesn't know my mom lives in her own house instead of the mental hospital."

"That's good, has he threatened to murder you or your family? Since it seems as if this isn't his first kill."

"I don't think it is, considering you and the others found many other bodies, buried. He did abuse my mother and I.... that is until she got sent to the mental hospital for pouring boiling water on my face. After that, my old man started abusing me more than ever.... I would have to work all day, and train to become fit. He never threatened to kill us though. I should have told someone earlier, the only people that know are me, my family, and Izuku. "

Wait, I'm the first person out of his family to know that? I guess I am special, huh. 

"I'm sorry about that... does he have a job?"

"Yes, I'm not sure what it is though. He wouldn't tell us."

"That's a little suspicious.... I mean we know it's most likely him because the DNA is the same, but we aren't sure if he could have been framed or not. But judging by what you just said to me, I have no doubt that it's him."

Shouto looks down, with an angry expression on his face. I grip onto his hand, so he gets a bit calmer. 

"We will be going over to his house later to arrest him. Case closed." Were the last words from the detective before we got led out of the room. 

Shouto and I walk outside, in silence. We wait for his mom to come and bring us home.

"S-shouto, will everything be alright? I mean, Endeavor is finally being sent to jail, where he belongs. I just, well, I feel like something is missing." I say.

"Izuku, everything should start to get better. It might not seem that way now, but it will be in a few months or so. My old man will finally be seeing jail time, which won't be fun for him."

He holds my hand as we then notice Rei pull up her car near us. 

We get in the car, not saying a word. Rei notices that we aren't in the mood to talk right now, so she doesn't say anything to us when we enter. We sit in silence until we get home. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We finally arrive home, and I get out of the car. Shouto wraps his arm over my waist, and holds me close. Rei goes inside, noticing that we need to be alone.

We hug each other closely. I start to cry, and Shouto cuddles me and tries to calm me down. The rain starts to pour, while the two of us just stand, holding onto each other. 

"I love you so much Izuku. It hurts me to see you like this." 

Are the words that come from Shouto's mouth.

"I love you too Shouto. I-I just- I just need some time alone. With you of course, but I don't feel comfortable talking to all these detectives and all. I also don't like having to explain everything to Aizawa."

Is what I to him back. He holds me tighter and tighter, until I can hear him start to cry too.

"It's all my fault..."

"Why is that Shouto?" 

I say, still in the middle of sobbing.

"If we never started dating, that old scumbag would have never killed your mother. He killed her, just so that your life would be ruined and we couldn't talk to each other anymore. He thinks you're a "distraction" or whatever. When in reality, you're the one who made my life worth living. If you weren't here, I still would be in my room, alone, with no friends or anyone to talk too. You are the reason I am happy... I love you, so much Izuku Midoriya."

"Shouto, none of this was your fault. It's all your bastard of a dad's fault. You did nothing. If anything you made it easier, and helped me through these tough times. I love you too, Shouto Todoroki."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OMG WE MADE IT TO 1K READS!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

no but fr tho- ya'll are the best and this is insane 😭 

i seriously didn't expect my story to get the love and attention it did! i'm so thankful for ya'll- 

i also made a cake (which it was kinda ugly so i didn't put a picture but it tasted good so-)

also the new episode was incredible, as a tddk shipper i feel overwhelmed w the amount of content we got with them in episode one

and as always....

peace out