THE WITCH

PART SEVENTEEN

The past weeks were stressful; so many visitors came to our home just to welcome the new babies but that was exhausting. I don't know how far the news had spread, till different pack alphas and their lunas strolled into our homes with gifts and well wishes for our babies.

Every day I went to bed exhausted, the constant crying and waking up to breastfeed our babies was taking its toll on me but I wasn't mad or complaining because I knew it wasn't easy to bring two lives into the world yet to talk of taking care of them.

I had been feeling jittery today; extra vigilant and alert but I scolded myself for being so paranoid and scaring myself, I thought I hid it well for my mates not to see but they noticed, "what has got you so jittery and jolting up at the slightest noise?' Damien asked with concern etched in his voice, I didn't know what it was so I shrugged and replied, "honestly, I do not know too but there's this foreboding feeling that things are about to go bad today" I almost cussed out, but I advised myself after I started catching glares from Jace and Damien from my incessant cursing and foul mood.

The visits were still on and the last visit caused my hair to stand on end; there before me stood Circe; the witch Circe.

She had a sinister smile but everyone was laughing and dancing happily with her and it made me question my sanity at that moment. I shook my head to clear it off but I was still seeing her and she still had that smile on her face.

If she wanted to play the crazy game then I am the wrong bitch to play it with I thought to myself, I let out a wide grin to her with my head tilted, she strolled towards me and let out her hand to shake, I looked at her hand and like the nice person I am, I took it.

I looked straight into her eyes with an evil smirk then I started chanting; she tried to wriggle her hands out of my hold but she couldn't; I remember the first spell cassie taught me was the one to bind her to me or she will get away and cause more damage than ever to the pack.

I am the luna of venucci pack and hell was I going to let a witch destroy my family, saying that caused a warm feeling to spread over me.

I held strongly onto her wrist and started my incantations again, she started one of her own trying to stop me but it was the wrong move because she ended up blowing away her mask that she was using to hide who she was.

The guards surrounded her and my mates were worried for me; thinking she's the one who had a hold on me but I smiled proudly at them with a glint in my eyes and they knew it was the other way round.

The marks in my body began to throb bringing up a moony blue light that covered my whole body.

The panic frenzy that was going on some minutes ago had stopped when I levitated into the air with her; I was suspending on thin air, "let me take over" I heard a soothing voice in my head, I was reluctant at first thinking it was the witch trying to take over my body but that wasn't it; I saw the moon goddess and she wanted to fight for this pack.

I surrendered myself to her and my whole being felt light and a deep smile was etched upon my face.

I don't know where the spells came from but they just poured out of my mouth and transferred to the witch that wanted to destroy our pack.

My body glowed and the marks on my body grew and started covering every part of me. There was a blinding light that blinded even me after it passed.

I wasn't holding on to Circe anymore but her bracelet and her staff were in my hand.

I was confused till the voice in my head said softly "it is over my child" that I stopped levitating and came back to the position I was in.

The throbbing stopped at that moment and blacks dotted my vision.