Chapter~18

Charlotte's POV

I slowly opened my eyes only to get connected with the grey eyes.

“Cece?”
____________________________________

“Dante?” I whimpered quietly as the excruciating pain went through my whole body.

I look down to see my legs were wrapped up in a cast whereas my stomach and lady part was really hurting. I had a glucose bottle connected to me along with many wires and machine connected to me.

“Water” I croaked out groggily. He helped me to sit a little then he immediately grabbed the glass of water from the table and placed it near my lips. I quickly drank the water and sighed.

“Thank you” I whispered weakly and closed my eyes.

“Are you alright? Let me call the doctor” He said before standing on the door and shouting for the doctor.

The doctor came in immediately with the nurses and did all sort of check up before asking me few questions.

“Is your head hurting Ms. Kingston?” He asked.

“Yes. But it's tolerable.” I answered truthfully.

“What is the last thing you remember?” He inquired next.

“I remember falling down from the balcony” I said. Practically I wasn't lying, I just didn't tell the truth completely.

“Do you know how you fell down?” He asked again.

“I was trying to kill myself” I deadpanned looking straight in his eyes.

“According to your medical report, you were in coma and don't remember anything. But you have hit your head pretty hard again, so do you remember anything?” He asked stressed and in return I just glared at him.

“I-” I was about to speak but hisses as I felt pain in my back and lower abdomen.

“Cece! Are you alright?” Dante alarmingly asked.

“Ms. Kingston, there's something I need to tell you. I didn't tell anyone as we can't tell your family without your approval.” He stated looking at Dante.

“You can tell me.” I allowed him to speak in front of Dante.

“You were pregnant” He stated making my blood turned cold.

“I'm pregnant?” I asked. My voice just barely above a whisper.

“You are not pregnant Ms. Kingston. I'm sorry. You had a miscarriage.” He sympathized making me hold back a sob.

“You were three days pregnant. Your body shows the signs of struggle. I would have contacted the police, but I was ordered not to by my Queen.” He said. I was about to ask him, but he continued again.

“You will be having pain in your lower abdomen, back and your feet. I don't think I need to tell you why. So, I suggest you to be on bed rest for at least a week. Don't put any pressure on your feet because the stitches might open. Other than that, I have prescribed you some medicines that you will take.” He stated and left, but my mind was still occupied with the gut-wrenching enlightenment that I received only a moment ago.

I had a miscarriage. I killed a baby. I killed not just any baby, but my unborn baby. The baby didn't even get the chance to see the world. I didn't get the chance to hold him in my arms.

Why the hell am I so weak? If I wasn't weak and tried to be strong, my baby would still be alive.

I should have accepted Austin. I should have. I should have not resisted. My baby would still be alive if not for my selfishness.