~ 12 ~

THE STORM DIDN'T STOP until the sun was down. The others were getting tired, but Morgana didn't think he'd be able to sleep tonight. His mind was still haunted by the feeling of Captain Crane's panic, his head still dizzy from the sheer power he felt coming from him. It was a power he'd felt before, but he couldn't quite put a finger on it.

Giselle and Lionel were already sound asleep, soothed by the gentle rocking of the waves. She looked so beautiful with her hair done up, two loose braids down the side, curly bangs hanging over her forehead. Jewels decorated every part of her, and she looked like a true southern beauty.

He feared for her the most.

"Are you staying up?" asked Selene, rubbing her eyes with one hand. She looked exhausted, and rightfully so. It was an exhausting day.

Morgana was propped up against the wall, messing with the hem of the coat Giselle gave him to look more like he belonged to the South. His skin was a dead giveaway, but a little glamour would fix it.

"Yeah. I don't think I'll be able to sleep even if I was tired," he told her. "I'll keep an eye out, go get some rest."

Selene was satisfied with his answer, and she settled in on the bench next to Giselle. Eurion joined the pile, and Morgana didn't realize he was smiling until Kit approached him and he had to force his face back to normal.

"What do you want?"

"I'm staying up with you."

His eyes followed the prince as he sat down next to him, leaving a little space between them. "What, still don't trust me?"

"Not one bit," Kit said. "But that's not why."

Morgana rolled his eyes. "What, you want a repeat of this morning? That's not exactly helpful when I'm trying to keep watch."

"Not that either, but now I'm tempted," Kit teased, and Morgana's face got hot. "Nah, I'm up for the same reason you are. I don't think I could sleep if I wanted to."

He didn't really know why he did it, but Morgana slid further away from Kit, putting more distance between them. The prince looked a little hurt, and if he didn't hate him so much, he might've found it in him to feel bad.

It was a stupid idea to kiss him in the first place, and it was a stupid idea to let Kit do what he did that morning. They were supposed to hate each other, they were polar opposites, it wasn't supposed to get weird. Now Kit was getting flirty and Morgana's heart beat faster whenever he looked at him. This ruined everything.

But the prince's hands knew exactly what they were doing. His lips were soft and his tongue moved like he'd done it a thousand times. Morgana never even kissed anyone before he had a moment of weakness at the castle. Kit was an expert, and he knew how to make him feel good.

Morgana gulped and shook his head, trying to force those thoughts away. He was stronger than this, he didn't need that moron on his mind keeping him focused on all the wrong things.

Instead, he thought of everything about Kit that irritated him. He was stubborn, just like him, and Morgana thought they only needed one bullheaded ass in the group. He was impulsive, too, he jumped into action without a plan and he trusted too easily whenever it gave him what he wanted, and got them in danger more times than he could count.

All his strong will went down the drain the moment someone messed with his feelings. Morgana just had to kiss him and he was done for, he could've killed him if he wanted. He had no doubt in his mind that Kit trusted Titania because he thought she was pretty, and if Mahria looked at him right, she could probably convince him to walk the plank. Attraction was his weakness.