25

"I'm outside."

"Be right there," I said, nearly skipping out of the room, and down the hall, before coming to a halt halfway down the stairs when I spot him walking into the kitchen.

Once he'd placed all his bearings on the island counter, he gazed up at me and trotted down the few steps that separated us, my mouth watering as I pulled the box towards me and grabbed myself a slice.

Savoring the cheezy goodness, I moaned in delight and heard him chuckle.

When I opened my eyes, I was greeted with an eager smile on his face as he looked between me and the half-eaten pizza.

"Sorry," I said between chews, "I didn't realize how hungry I was until you texted earlier," I finished and wiped my lips as he waved dismissively.

"You're welcome," he shrugged, the playfulness in his tone tantalizing.

   From across the room, I watched as he rummaged through the cabinets for wine glasses. Once he found what he was looking for, he turned to me and I pointed to the drawer where I kept the corkscrew. Once he'd filled up our coupes with the deep red liquid, he handed me one and I bowed my head in thanks.

My eyes fluttered as I enjoyed my first sip. A surge of heat ran through my muscles, relaxing my body further.

"Meiomi," I said, reaching over the cool granite for the bottle.

Examining the label, I smirked to myself before gazing up at him, smiling an appreciative grin.

"You know my taste," I whispered, thinking out loud.

   He bobbed his head and closed the distance between us. In an instant, I was pressed flush against him. How I didn't spill all the content of my glass was a mystery, unlike his intense gaze which bore no secrets. Starring from my eyes to my lips, I mimicked his action until our eyes met. My breath hitched before my heart fluttered as our lips joined together in an eager embrace.

As if suddenly hit with an unquenchable thirst for him, I tugged him close and over my body his hands ran, landing on my ass, cupping it with a possessive squeeze. I gasped out a giggle and he chuckled against my lips as we began to pull away.

"Don't you look lovely," he said, looking over my outfit as though he'd just noticed what I was wearing.

Grinning, I bit my lip and wrap an arm around his neck, pulling him in for a brief, appreciative kiss. A delightful moan reverberated from my throat when he plunged his tongue into my mouth, tasting the wine on my breath.

"Eager, aren't we?" he practically groaned against my neck, and through my eyes fluttering from the intimacy in his action, I pulled back.

Looking up at him, my mouth hung as I reached down between us. The loud rumble in his chest when I cupped his hardened length caused a sly smile to curve my lips.

"We are," I murmured.

His eyes darkened like a plain before a storm, clouded with lust, with lightning bolts of desire. Just as I was about to give into the wind, the loud growl of his empty stomach broke through the fog, suddenly making me aware of my hunger for sustenance.

"That'll have to wait," he chuckled and I struggled to hold back a grin.

Choosing to take full advantage of the full moon and clear sky, we decided to dine on the balcony. Engrossed in talks of everything and nothing, in particular, the atmosphere was relaxed and open even when the conversation shifted to Colton.