Ch. 75: Remember what I told you about panties?

They made their way into the wine cellar, which held an impressive number of bottles. All placed in racks in the large room that basically looked like a wine library. Gareth made her walk past whites, rosés, reds, and bubbly on their way to the back of the room, where he punched in a code on a panel.

"1703, that's our code."

"My birthday?"

"Has to be something we both remember. If you don't like it, we can change it another day."

The door next to the panel clicked open and Gareth pushed her in. Nervously, Mackenzie tried to adjust to the darkness inside and jumped a little when he closed the door behind them. His hand found her waist and pulled her to him.

"Why so nervous? You're perfectly safe with me." The whisper was sexy and intense, with a dangerous undertone.

"Yeah, I'm sure that's what axe-murderers say too," Mackenzie playfully replied. It did not scare her to be with him in the dark, it was more the secrecy of it all that drove her insane.

And it made her hot too.

Gareth had proved to be a master of surprises. She was sure that was his exceptional business mind at work. Examining every angle, to make the most unexpected sneak attack that gave him the best impact, and then implementing that to a situation. In the same way he won a business deal, he won her with his creativity.

Feeling her way with her hand along the wall, when Gareth gently pushed her forward in the dark as if he had night vision, Mackenzie stumbled a little when the wall vanished.

Without warning, Gareth turned on the light. Soft spots illuminated a sizeable room with an enormous four-poster bed in the middle. Drapes in a dark maroon color covered the walls, and candelabras stood around the room, though they were not lit.

The room felt sort of decadent, even with only the bed there.

In a way, Mackenzie expected a porn film crew to jump out and yell 'surprise', because everything had that steamy feel to it.

"What is this place?"

"You wanted a playroom, right?" 

Mackenzie could not hold back her laugh. That was adorable, though she had expected a lot more from a playroom than a bed and some curtains. Then she noticed the different hooks and loops screwed into the posts of the bed.

Those made her heart race with the implied possibilities.

"We have a bed ourselves."

"But this room is soundproof, Dolly." Gareth moved in close and whispered with a devious undertone, "Inhere, I can make you scream in ecstasy and nobody will be the wiser."

His words had the desired effect. That throbbing need for him to touch her presented itself at full force. Mackenzie did not know if her inside or her skin tingled the most.

"Oh..." Her mouth formed a shocked 'O' and then turned into a sly grin. She had not married a dummy. When he thought of things, he went all in. Though the room could use some upgrades if he wanted to let out the beast.

A bed would not be enough.

"Want to see the rest?"

The question took her by surprise.

There was more?

"Look here, let me show you how this works." Gareth showed her a panel on the wall. "First of all, you can only enter and leave this place by using the code I told you. If you by any chance need help to get out or otherwise need assistance in here, numbers for all who know about this place I've coded in, and you can call them from this panel."