18 ✧ 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘣𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦

4 years ago...

"Valeria come on don't be lame.. Join us!" One of her friends barged in through her door and tried to pull her off the bed. She had books sprawled out around her along with three cups of coffee on the nightstand beside her two of it were empty and one was half-full. The girl herself was lying down for once after studying non stop for the past 5 hours. She believed she needed to do it if she were to have any chance at all to pass her exams and obtain her degree.

"Leave me alone Sam, I'm tired." She held her pillow tighter, telling her off with her eyes still closed and ignoring her who was still trying to get her out of bed.

"I swear to God. You have a 4.0 GPA, you could do the test with your eyes closed and passed just like that," she snapped her finger and the sound made her grunt. "This is probably one of the last nights we'll have together at campus and you're bailing on me to go to an awesome party on my own?" She finally sat next to her on the bed, pushing away her books and attempting to shake her off but she still didn't budge.

"I know. Pero I've been studying for like half the day and now I'm tired, I need to sleep. The exams are early in the morning tomorrow and I need the rest before actually stressing over it." She adjusted her position to get more comfortable, even managed to pull the blanket over her body.

"Val come on, don't leave me hanging now. Please, I won't ask of anything again. I won't even ask you to help me with my assignments anymore."

Valeria scoffed in her sleep state. "You know I would rather help, or even do your assignments, than going to a party. Think I've had enough parties to last a lifetime, it's time to get serious on my ass and actually get my degree so my parents would back off of me for once."

Sam rolled her eyes, she didn't want to waste anymore time on her friend. "You're a pooper you know that?" She said and walked out of the room.

Val sighed. She glanced at the clock on the wall above the TV in front of her bed. 9 PM, it read. Her exam will begin in less than fifteen more hours. The girl was growing tired of the books and papers she hadn't left for hours that she began to consider going to the party that Sam had told her, weighing the pros and cons for actually going.

She ended up shaking her head, "No Val. You'll have a lifetime of opportunity for parties after your exam." She said out loud to the empty room. She emptied her bed of all her exam materials with an exception of her laptop and laid down, but not before chugging the remaining coffee she had in one of the cups.

Val turned on her alarm for the next morning to make sure she wouldn't oversleep and miss her exam, briefly scrolled through her phone before drifting off to dreamworld, letting her tiredness took over.

Two hours later, she was awoken by her phone ringing. Not bothering to look at the caller ID, she picked up.

"You've reached Valeria's phone. She is sleeping right now so leave her alone."  Val said groggily, both eyes still closed with her face squished, one side with her pillows and the other with the phone pressed on her ear.

"Valeria Jiménez I swear to God you need to get your ass here this instant. Samantha is going crazy right now and I can't handle her, she's asking for you and won't let anyone else get close to her, she only wants you."  The girl on the other end of the call half screamed, frustration was clear from her voice.

Groaning, Val finally got up and got a jacket to cover her from the cold night. "Where is she?"

"Duh, Donovan's place. Hurry up! She's getting out of control!" Val pulled the phone away to save her eardrums as the girl screamed at her.