5 ✧ 𝘵𝘶 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘰 𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘭

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry, he's crazy."

Valeria was still laughing as she apologized to the older lady that past by her and Jefnier's table who Jefnier flirted with. It was part of a truth or dare game they were doing to get to know each other better, they each have one truth and one dare and each of them must do what the other asked them to. The lady ignored her, rolled her eyes and continued to walk away from them.

The two continued to laugh from what Jefnier said. "Seriously? 'You're so beautiful you could be my mom?' What kind of line was that?" Val said still laughing whereas Jefnier has stopped but still smiling.

"I'm not good with pickup lines," He said scratching the back of his head. "Obviamente," Val said in between breaths as she wiped away her eyes that was beginning to water.

"Okay so I did my dare, now is time for you to do your truth." Jefnier said and Val nodded as she sipped her drink. "Dale, qué quieres saber?"

Jefnier stopped and thought for a second, until he came up with a question. "Cómo es tu chico ideal?" Val lifted one of her eyebrows as if asking him like, are you serious.

"Lo digo en serio, debes tener un tipo verdad?" He asked her. She could sense from the way he asked, he was seriously asking. Val answered by shaking her head, sipping her milkshake. "Qué entirosa," Jefnier said not believing Val's response.

"Nah, es la verdad." She looked around and noticed no one was near them, she turned back to face Jefnier who was not happy with her answer. "Okay, voy a explicarlo because it is truth time and I'm feeling a bit nice right now." Val said, Jefnier seemed more pleased as he was smiling and completely focused on her.

"I've only ever been in a serious relationship with one guy. I met him back in high school, he was a couple years older than me. I guess it's the first time I felt that way with anyone so I just go along with it." Val started her story and Jefnier was completely listening to it, nodding along as she was talking.

"Bueno, creo que dos años más o menos ha pasado y ya vivíamos juntos, aunque mis padres no le gustaba. He started working at some company and I assume it was because of the stress from it, but within a while he started beating me, abusing me when he came home. Totally ," Val kept on going occasionally smiling sarcastically, didn't notice that Jefnier was looking at her more intensely.

"Pensé que era normal, that it was just him stressing over his job. I have a couple months of uni left by then and I didn't really know much about what he's stressed over. Pero yeah, he kept yelling and hitting me as a result from it. One day I grew tired and I just left, we took a break, sort of and I lived with Ana. It was then I knew that it turns out he's been seeing someone else behind my back, someone from his office. He lied to me about it for months and I had no idea what's going on. Went to our place and saw him fucking some girl on our bed, yeah. That's it." Val casually explained, Jefnier showed no emotion.

"Lo siento.. pero I still don't understand why you don't have a type," Jefnier asked plainly, Val smiled.

"Since that happened I guess I just had this idea in my head, that all men are the same. No sé por qué pero es honestamente lo que siento. I don't see myself being with anyone at the moment, estoy soltera y contenta." Val said smiling.

"And that's why you like my song so much," Jefnier said proudly, Val laughed in response. "I guess so, I was with Rafael for so long I didn't even realize how happy it was to be single." Jefnier nodded. "So that's jerkface's name?" Valeria laughed at his nickname for her ex and nodded.

"Bueno pero, it's not fair you know. I mean, not all guys are the same. Especially not me, I'm not an idiot like him." Jefnier said offended to what Val said before.

"I hope you're not because I don't want to be friends with an idiot like my fucked up ex," Val laughed sarcastically. "And you can say whatever you want but it won't change my mind unless I see it for real."

"Pues, te mostraré, que no todos los hombres son iguales, you'll see." He said confidently while Val lightly smiled. "Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it." Val said.

Val and Jef finally finished eating and realized it was late. He drove her back home and talked a little on the way, occasionally laughing at little jokes they made here and there. Once they arrived at Val's apartment building, she looked to Jefnier who was smiling at her.

"So, I did my truth and owe you a dare, while you did your dare and owe me your truth." Val said smirking.

"Save it for another time, I feel like we will be seeing a lot of each other from now on." Jefnier said winking and smirking at Val. "Oh is that so?" She responded by pushing his shoulder.

"Tú sabes nena," He grinned flashing her his perfectly white teeth. Val chuckled lightly, before leaning in a kissed his cheek.

"Gracias por esta noche, amigo." Val smiled at Jef who was blushing after she kissed him. "Ehh, emm, de nada Vale." He said scratching the back of his head and she hit it lightly.

"Oye tranquilo papi, solo un besito," Val winked at him who was still in awe and had no emotion to express. She left his car and walked into her building without looking back, therefore unaware that Jefnier just couldn't look away from her until she was out of view, then he drove off.

Val on the other walked into her apartment with all smiles. It was probably one of the happiest nights she ever spent on after months of never ending guys. Something about Jefnier made her so comfortable. She also surprised herself by telling him about her past with Rafael. As outgoing as she was, she doesn't open up easily yet that wasn't the case with Jefnier. She truly felt she could be herself without having to hide anything.

Sure he tends to get cocky, overly proud and confident, but Val thought it wasn't too over and he had the skills and looks to back it up. She couldn't help to get his words out of her head.

"Te mostraré, que no todos los hombres son iguales."

But somehow she shook the thought off of her mind, knowing there was only a slight chance that it would be true, that Jefnier was too good to be true.

She ended the day with her night routine; a hot shower, fresh warm clothes, two-fingers of scotch and tucked herself in bed with a Netflix show on the background. In the middle of munching a bag of popcorn, her phone rang, she picked it up without bothering to see who it was or to check what time it was.

"Hola?" She said while munching on her popcorn.

"Damn girl you just ate two whole burgers and you're eating again?" She figured out who it was pretty quickly considering they spent nearly the entire day with each other.

"No soy cómo las otras chicas, sabes," She heard laughter from the other end.

"Claro que sí, por eso me gustas más que las otras,"

"Qué quieres Jefnier? Es muy tarde, tienes que trabajar mañana, no?"

"Solo un poquito, y nada. Estoy cansado y siento solo en mi casa."

"Damn boy you had the whole day with me and you still feel alone. I feel bad for you honestly." Jefnier laughed at Val's words. By then Val had switched to speaker as she continued to munch on her popcorn and eyes on the TV.

"Maybe I just miss you,"

That caught Valeria of guard, but as always she refused to let him know that it actually got to her.

"Yeah I figured, people keep saying that a lot."

She laughed and can imagine his smile from across the call. The two continued to talk on the phone until eventually both of them fall asleep with the call still going on.