1 ✧ 𝘯𝘰 𝘦𝘳𝘢 𝘢𝘮𝘰𝘳

"Ya te lo dije desde el principio, sin sentimientos. So don't be all up on my ass now saying you're catching feelings when I clearly said I won't be having any of it. It's not my fault you got hurt over your so-called feelings for me, I don't give a fuck about it."

"Please Valeria, give me one chance, I pro--"

"Hell nah. I told you once, no quiero na' más. I won't tell you again. Don't even try to reach me back."

Valeria said sternly before hanging up the phone, leaving the poor guy on the other end torn and drowned in his own feelings.

She sighed frustratedly until she heard a couple of giggles from behind her. She turned around to see her friends raiding her fridge and another sitting around the kitchen counter.

"What are you two giggling at?" Val said, rolling her eyes annoyed. "Oh nothing, it's just that like what, the third guy asking for a chance with you?"

"Yeah, so? I told them from the start I don't want to have anything more than what we had. It's good, why can't they just settle for that? I thought guys would prefer that over relationships anyway."

"Don't get me wrong Val, I get what Rafa did was bad but you can't just shut down like this every time things are starting to get serious." One of her friends, Belinda said.

"Listen to her Val, you know this one and done thing you've been doing for months now is just not healthy for you." Another one, Sara said.

"Whatever. I'll find 'love' when I feel like it. None of them were worth my time anyway, they were all exactly like Rafa, all men are. They act all sweet at first and dumps your ass the next time things get hard. I won't be putting myself out like that just to get hurt all over again." Val explained to her friends before disappearing into her room to get ready for their girl's night.

She honestly doesn't get it why her friends were pushing her to get more involved with the men she's with. She was sure she'll get it someday with the right person, but for now she just wanted to have fun. There's never any harm in that.

She was getting some change of clothes when the door to her bedroom opened, it was just Ana which Valeria was relieved to seem she needed time to cool off before getting scolded by Bel and Sara all over again. She closed the door as she comes in and comfortably sat on the bed.

"Just ignore them, they never know how it felt getting screwed over by guys like we do. But you also need to know that they mean well by it, I mean look at me I got over it and found Michael, something I thought was impossible."

Valeria took the clothes she picked out and closed the door to her walk-in closet. She approached Ana and stood in front of her. "I know and I'm so happy for you Ana, God knows you deserve it and he does too. But I'm just not there yet. It's been what, 8 months after Rafa and I'm just not down for another relationship yet. I thought we were it, pero me mostró que lo que teníamos no era amor. So, let me have my fun, let me get it out of my system because he was all I know. Let me explore my choices, so when it's time for me to love I won't have to guess, I'll know."

She left Ana sitting there and walked into the bathroom, turned the showers on and adjusted the water's heat while stripping. Once it's up to the temperature she desired, she walked in and rinsed herself.

Once again, the thought of her first love came through her mind. She was upset herself that somehow she couldn't get the thought of Rafael Ortega out of her mind. It's been months and his name and the memories they had still pops on her head from time to time. They said it was normal since Rafael was the first guy she's ever opened up to on a personal level, it was the most intimate relationship she's ever had.