12 ✧ 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦 [p.2]

"No fair!"

"Oh it's fair baby,"

"But you distracted me!"

"All is fair in love and war, lo sabes.."

"If it's war you want, a war you will get Moreno."

Valeria crossed her arms pouting, upset over the fact that they had raced for 4 times and Jefnier had already beaten her 3 times.

"No quiero guerra, quiero tu amor nena.." Jefnier said winking, Val rolled her eyes.

"No way in hell am I letting you win the next round." She put down the helmet glass to cover her face and got back inside her go-kart. Jefnier laughed and followed her through the tracks.

After 5 laps, Val jumped out of her go-kart and jumped around excitedly. "La victoria es mía! Valeria Christina Jiménez, la ganadora." She did a little victory dance, unaware that Jefnier had already arrived and was standing behind her.

"Oh please, you only won once--" He was cut off by Valeria who squeezed both of his cheeks. He widened his eyes and lifted his eyebrows confused.

"I don't care, I won!" She continued her little dance and Jefnier smiled, shaking his head at her weird little movements.

"Okay ganadora, ya tengo hambre. Vamos a comer.." He tried to drag her out of there but she wouldn't budge and pouted.

"Ay por qué? We're having so much fun no?" She pouted her lips at him and gave him her best puppy dog eyes, knowing him well enough to know that he could never resist it.

"Fine.. We'll get some snack here and do a few more rounds, then we'll go grab dinner. Vale?" He sighed while Val nodded excitedly.

"Vale." She said happily and dragged him to the little food stand just outside the track area.

Val got a corn dog and a strawberry smoothie while Jefnier bought nearly something from each stand, that's how hungry he was.

Once Jefnier laid down tray of assorted foods, Val chuckled and shook her head. "Tienes mucha hambre.."

"Ya te lo dice," He pouted before finally sitting down and devoured all the food he just got. It took some time for him to finish all of it so Val went on her phone while waiting for him.

"Did you have fun?" Jefnier broke the silence and asked Val, all while chewing some french fries. Val nodded and smiled as she put her phone down, looking at the boy in front of her.

"I did, I do. Gracias Moreno.." He smiled at her response, "just don't speak with your mouth full, you look less attractive that way." She laughed at him and grabbed a napkin, wiping away a speck of cheese sauce that somehow got onto his cheek. "There you go," She smiled and crumpled the napkin before sipping her smoothie.

"I honestly had no idea you'd take me here, although I had hoped that you won't take me on any cliche dates and you didn't so," She stopped talking and clapped her hands, he smiled at her. "Kuddos to you."

"No soy como los otros, y tú tampoco. I knew I had to do something special and different, because you are special and different." He continued finishing his food, unaware that Val's face had blushed from his compliment.

"Dime, how many times have you said that to another girl?" She lifted her eyebrow, genuinely curious to know. Jefnier on the other hand, choked after hearing what Val had said.

"Nunca. Eres la primera y I meant every word I said." He said and sipped on his bottled water. Val still had her eyebrow raised, not believing a word he said. "De verdad?" She asked in a not-so-amused tone.

"Te lo juro. I never said that to any other girl, only you, the first and hopefully last." He smiled at her, genuinely. Val looked up and met with his eyes, knowing him well enough to know he meant every word.

"Ay we're getting too serious now, dejalo." She chuckled nervously before wiping her lip with a spare napkin and crumpled it before looking around, she didn't notice that Jefnier's smile dropped and he sighed.

"Vale.. yo-"

"Save it. It's only our first date, save it for our third or fourth." She sighed and smiled, before leaning in and kissing his cheek quick.

"Vamos, let's go for a couple rounds before we get out of here and get a proper dinner." She got up and handed out her hand. Jefnier smiled before taking her hand and got up then they walked back unto the tracks.

"Gracias Moreno, I enjoyed today very much."

Valeria smiled at Jefnier which he smiled back. "Anything for my princesa.."

That made Val feel shy and caused her to look down. She looked down and saw their intertwined fingers, it only caused her to blush even more. She avoided looking at him since she was still blushing, didn't even notice that they finally got in front of her door.

"Estamos aquí hermosita," Jefnier called out to Val who seemed dozed off. He sensed she was a little shy and was blushing. In a way it made him happy to know he made her that way.

"Yeah.." She let go of his hand and opened her bag, looking for her keys. Once she did she stuck it in and put her hand on the handle. She was utterly nervous to the point that she didn't know what to do next.

"Uh.. You want to come in or..?" It came out like a clueless person asking a question, she mentally slapped herself for acting so stupid. However, Jefnier's answer surprised her.

"Maybe some other time.." Jefnier smiled lightly and that confused her beyond words. All kinds of thoughts ran through her mind. Was he seriously rejecting her after the first date? Did she offend him in any way? What if she blindly did something that made him dislike her already?

Yet in the midst of her being all flustered, she felt his hand caress her hair lightly, eventually resting it on her shoulder, before kissing her cheek long and gently and pulling her in for a hug. Then he whispered something that once again, surprised her beyond anything she could've imagined.

"This is only our first date and I don't want to do anything you might not want to. I already can't control myself around you, so I'll step back for now until you decide, until you are fully aware and want to, for me to let go of my control."

He let go of the hug and she stood there still speechless. No one has ever showed that kind of respect to her, to be as honest the way he just did. She felt him plant a long kiss on her forehead.

"Buenas noches princesa.." He took her hand and kissed the top of it.

"Buenas noches Jefnier.." She said and he smiled, winked at her before turning around and leaving her standing still in front of the door. The moment Jefnier turned the corner and disappeared from her line of view, she finally walked inside her apartment.

She was still smiling like crazy, feeling not only butterflies but the whole damn zoo churning inside her. She leaned on the door biting her lip, slowly going down and sitting on the floor thinking about the whole day spent with probably the best guy she's ever met by far.

Not forgetting his 'closing' line for the night. She wondered how on earth was he not ashamed to say that when other guys would probably just barge or even force themselves in without any regards of her. But not Jefnier. Nope definitely not Jefnier.

She sighed in relief, feeling only happiness and bliss before going into her room to clean herself and continue thinking about the beautiful day she just had.

All the while, instead of going home, Jefnier took a detour. He didn't feel like going home yet and he knew he couldn't contain his own joy. He needed to let it all out, so he went to a place where he knew he's always welcome.

"Jefnier? Qué haces aquí?" The girl was startled to see him, she tightened her robe which previously revealed a bit under her neck.

"Estoy muy feliz.." He couldn't stop smiling, he could finally say that he felt the happiest he's ever been.

"Come in.." She opened the door a bit wider to give him space to go through. Once he did, she closed the door.