Chapter 35

Rose

That was just great. Now all his siblings had seen me naked. I was desperately trying to cover up but Marco being on top of me made the efforts futile. They exchanged a few words in Italian and then Danny closed the door and I finally breathed again. Marco rested his forehead on mine and told me how sorry he was about his brother rudely interrupting us.

"I really have to go but can you please stay? Have breakfast, get some rest and just wait for me here?" his pleading tone made me think about it for a minute, but I quickly came to my senses. Maybe it was a good thing Danny burst into the bedroom, before we...... This was a mistake. What was I thinking? I needed this to understand what being in Marco's life entailed. I would get to live a moment of ultimate pleasure and then I would wave goodbye to him as he was going to take care of 'business'. It wasn't normal to listen to someone telling 'we've been attacked.' What was wrong with me?

"I'll just go. I need to get home. I have to catch up with work." I tried to sound as convincing as I could but Marco's face showed me that he didn't believe me. Shaking his head, he stood up allowing me to take one last look at his perfect body. Not being able to peel my eyes off him, I bit my lip trying to contain my urge to pull him back to bed. When he finally disappeared in the bathroom, I got up and searched for the underwear. The clothes were still in the bathroom, so I had to wait for him to be done before I retrieved them.

"You regret this, don't you?" his voice startled me as I was focused on the beautiful view of the city from this high up. Turning around to see him, I hesitated before I answered. I was so confused right now. I felt as if there was a battle in progress inside me. One side was fighting for my right to have a sex life with an amazing man who knew how to please a woman while the other was fighting for what was ethic. Marco was a dangerous man dealing with equally dangerous people. I was forced to get a taste of what his life was like before we even were together. Could there be a compromise between the two? Because I wasn't sure if I was willing to give up on sex with Marco that easily now that I knew what he could do.

Watching him getting dressed with a sad look on his face, made my heart squeeze. This was not fair to him either. I remember him telling me that he felt trapped in a world he didn't choose. I needed to understand what he meant then; I needed to know more before I made my decision to walk away.

"I don't regret it." I simply said and his head turned towards me, his shrewd and usually sparkling brown eyes were now darker, almost black and that was the first time I wondered how I never saw that before. When he was done dressing up, he came closer and turning me again towards the window, he hugged me from behind and rested his head on my shoulder. I could see his reflection on the spotless window and that reminded me I had to clean the house before my parents came over the following weekend. Thinking random things in the most inappropriate times was another thing I did when I was feeling uncomfortable.

"I know this is hard for you but it's not always like that. We've been dealing with some problems after the shooting." Pausing for a moment, he sighed and went on "but other than that my life is pretty boring." I stifled a laugh and tried to be as serious as the situation demanded. I doubt he knew the meaning of the world boring. Maybe I should invite him to hang out with me for a whole day to really understand what boring meant.

"I am serious Rose. I know this is not normal but if you let me, I can show you I will do anything in my power to make it less awkward for you. I really want to be with you. Tell me you'll think about it please. I wish I could stay and finish what we started because it will be extremely uncomfortable walking around with a hard on thinking about you naked beneath me." this time I burst out laughing to hide my embarrassment. I wasn't used to him talking like that, but it would be a lie if I said I didn't like it. And when he spoke in Italian, oh my god. I think it's safe to say that he could tell me just about anything and I would drop my panties in a heartbeat. I was feeling hot again and I couldn't help but wonder if this would be my usual state from now on. Being sexually deprived for so long, I was ready to make up for the lost time and Marco met almost all the criteria. Plus it took Marco a couple of minutes to make me see stars when Jack.... Well, don't even get me started.